INTAKE COMPARO! HERE IT IS!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

so it looks like the injen 2pc had best top end gains, but comptech had most 1/4 mile improvement. It took a minute to figure out how that chart worked.

love my icebox :)

Quoted post[/post]]
so it looks like the injen 2pc had best top end gains, but comptech had most 1/4 mile improvement. It took a minute to figure out how that chart worked.

Yeah that chart is a little unique. I didn't realize at first that VQM was Virtual Quarter Mile. Looks to me though that the Weapon R short ram is the best buy in that group. Gotta be something about that foam filter since short ram tubes are all the same. I'd like to get my hands on just the filter and stick it on the end of my tube.

I'm not going to fret over a 1hp/tenth gain or loss. I like the way my engine sounds, and I get better mileage without that big fatass restrictive stock intake setup.

1/10 is a big gain in the Quarter Mile. Correct me if I am wrong but it seems that you better off goin with a short ram intake huh...

both listings say do not compare to cold air, or do not compare to short ram...

so i dont think you can say which is better between these two group sets of data...

i wish they did a comparison that included ebay CAI/ ebay short ram/ home depot special intakes, etc

Quoted post[/post]]
both listings say do not compare to cold air, or do not compare to short ram...

so i dont think you can say which is better between these two group sets of data...

i wish they did a comparison that included ebay CAI/ ebay short ram/ home depot special intakes, etc

me too. I think they put that disclaimer on there because AEM was whining about the results. Read the article, AEM was bitching because the independent results were a lot lower than their in-house tests. When TPR asked them to come down and figure out why there was such a huge discrepancy they found out what the problem was. AEM tests all their CAIs with the hood open. TPR tests with the hood closed. Draw your own conclusions.

Quoted post[/post]]
1/10 is a big gain in the Quarter Mile. Correct me if I am wrong but it seems that you better off goin with a short ram intake huh...

If the same driver tested the same car under the same conditions every single last run, I could believe the times. But since that's absolutely impossible... What's to say the guy didn't just get a better shift during one run, or didn't bog as much during another?

Hell, as confus hinted at... how do we all know that these aren't computer generated times based on weight/power production? Those calculations don't take the many factors of how quick a car will run into consideration.

Like I said, I'm not going to fret over it. I'm happy with my Injen one piece CAI.

Quoted post[/post]]
Gotta be something about that foam filter since short ram tubes are all the same.

i duno bout that. i got an iceman short ram and its cone shaped and the last one i had was an auto zone pos and the iceman is far better. even on a hot day i can touch the tube and its not hot but the old one would be just as hot as the valve cover. both with pos ractive freashly cleaned filter

aww good test but theres no reactive intake.. with autozone filter. lol.. oh well that shit works fine 4 me..

Back