Is There Any Hope For My H23?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nuc79

Or beat the hell out of the fucknut who sold it to me? I guess those are my options. From my post in the Prelude/Accord forum:

So I took the oil pan off the motor tonight. The guy I bought it from sold it to me for $400 and said it had a "slight knock" caused by a spun rod bearing. Not so.

The #2 AND #3 rods snapped and notched the block. I don't know if I can sleeve it and still save it. Also, the crank end of the snapped #2 rod only exists as fragmented metal chunks and shavings at the bottom of the pan.

I guess I'll take the head off tomorrow to see if any of the valves were struck by the runaway pistons. The notches in the bottom of the cylinder walls are approx. 1/2"x1/2", so it might be able to be sleeved. I know b-series strokers have to be notched anyway  , maybe I can stroke it to 2.4!

tell me what you think or if it's ever been done.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 10 2003, 12:32 AM
i can't see dick in those pictures... oil reflection glare owned the pics.

those pics blow aside from glare, take some real pics andy worhall

Baker,
If your block can't be resleeved and the crank is still good. I will buy your crank.
Let us know.

What pictures are you guys talking about? (I was sick of all the abuse :bash: )

By the way Baker, it's Warhol, not "Worhall", and he was a painter and filmmaker, not a photographer. Also, I'm not gay and don't wear a blonde wig (just ask my wife and kids). This one is for you, Baker:
10009338.jpg

:lol:

Anyway, back to the subject, I found a Darton-sleeved H23A short block with stock rotating assembly for $500 at a local import/speed shop. I've dealt with the guys before and bought a B16A from them last year. Any opinions on Darton sleeves?

And no2psi, if you're interested in the crank, PM or email me.

Originally posted by nuc79@Apr 10 2003, 08:50 AM
By the way Baker, it's Warhol, not "Worhall", and he was a painter and filmmaker, not a photographer. Also, I'm not gay and don't wear a blonde wig (just ask my wife and kids). This one is for you, Baker:

:owned:

And Darton sleeves are pretty good stuff, from what I hear.

Nuc79, I sent you an email and a PM. Hopefully you will see this and write back.

the sleeves are fine, but who installed them? its the installation that fucks them up, as they don't do it for you. so it really depends on the machine shop

B) I just bought a 92 Prelude and it needs engine work. The kid I bought it from said that it was blowing smoke after he rebuilt the bottomend and the head and then it clunked and then died. And by the way he said he had GUDE cams but he didnt change the valve springs, and then sold them and still didnt change the valvesprings. What i want to know is how oil got in the distributor. The spark plugs obviously fowled out, but its funny, its kinda dry black, kinda like carbon. I think its in the head, maybe a valve seal, or one of the spark plugs werent firing. Any opinions?

thanks

I seriously doubt that the problem is in the head if he described a "clunk." I would, however, remove the head and inspect for any colatteral damage.
Your answer should lie just above the the oil pan. The guy I bought mine from told me it had a bad knock, and I didn't have to look far to find out why...

Back