ITR bridge; will it fit?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

scottp11

The Seniorest Member....
I was wondering if an Integra Type-R cap bridge will fit on a B18B1 block. I heard it can be done with a little modification, but... :huh:

Thanks for everyone's help!!!! :worthy:

The girdle? If you're talking about the crank girdle, it'll go on- but you have to machine the main caps to fit or use the main caps from an ITR.

I heard that a crank girdle prevents crank walk and strengthens the bottom end...is that true...what is the damn thing used for.

That's why I wanna use it...

I saw an article awhile ago about how to make this work, does anyone have a link to this?

P.S. I called it a "cap bridge" because acuraautomotiveparts.org calls it that. I thought it was called a crank girdle too.

Originally posted by scottp11@Jul 12 2005, 10:13 PM
That's why I wanna use it...

I saw an article awhile ago about how to make this work, does anyone have a link to this?

P.S. I called it a "cap bridge" because acuraautomotiveparts.org calls it that. I thought it was called a crank girdle too.
[post=525122]Quoted post[/post]​

All you have to do to make it work is get the main caps from a GSR/ITR block and install them w/the girdle and have it align bored.

Originally posted by nfn15037@Jul 12 2005, 11:40 PM
All you have to do to make it work is get the main caps from a GSR/ITR block and install them w/the girdle and have it align bored.
[post=525207]Quoted post[/post]​

:thumbsup:

There are a number of aftermarket girdles available too.

I tried ordering main caps for my H23, and Honda told me that I couldn't just order them, I'd have to buy the whole block. Where do you order just the main caps from?

What companies make aftermarket girdle's? :huh:

Thanks everyone!!! :worthyp: :worthyp: :worthyp:

nobody has mentioned that if you choose to use a girdle you MUST use..

ITR/GSR oil pan, windage tray and oil pickup...on either OEM or aftermarket girdles.
so add that into the budget if you wanna go that route.

matt

Originally posted by hybrid89@Jul 14 2005, 03:01 PM

ITR/GSR oil pan, windage tray and oil pickup...on either OEM or aftermarket girdles.

matt
[post=526200]Quoted post[/post]​

nice info.

Originally posted by brian11to1+Jul 14 2005, 03:07 PM-->
@Jul 14 2005, 03:01 PM

matt
[post=526200]Quoted post[/post]​

nice info.
[post=526204]Quoted post[/post]​

standard b series (b16/b18/b20) oil pans will not fit over that added girdle..must be GSR/type R

Back