ITR cams in a b16?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

garyeboy

i have a b16a2 i plan on turbo'ing . i've found a set of ITR cams on the internet they come with springs and retainers and have 59k on them how much they worth? and are these dual valve springs on the itr valve train

well considering i think ITR cams are better for all motor and have a bit too much overlap.....how much should i look to pay for some GSR cams

lol did you look at my estimated price chart in the other turbo thread u posted in??

i say around 250 is reasonable for what i've seen. (yeah i'm talkin GSR cams...)

sorry i must of looked over that in the other post ,

thats not bad at all... would you reccomend adjustable camgears along with this upgrade, Has anyone had any experience with the Greddy timing belt is it worth the extra cash

yeah it's worth the cash. my buddy runs a greddy timing belt on his fully built 4G63. best thing you can do for an interferance motor just about. toda also makes upgraded timing belts, which is what i'm going with. just throwing that out there too.

Toda B-series High Power Timing Belt

adjustable cam gears, i have no experiance with, but i would assume having them wouldnt hurt. at the very least you can set them to stock settings. dont skimp and get cheap ones. do some research as i've heard some brands have problems with the screws not holding it in place and letting them slip out of the intended settings. also, the teeth on the cam gears can be an issue. make sure you get ones with good grooves so they hold the belt and dont let it jump teeth. my friend with the 4G63 had aftermarket cam gears but the greddy belt wasnt recommended to use with those gears because it had tendencies to jump teeth because the gears didnt have pronounced enough teeth.

i couldnt say exactly. the stock ones are fine for that belt. as far as adjustable or aftermarket ones tho, no idea. just the particular aftermarket ones he bought (cant remember) had too short of teeth.

If you are going to tune on a dyno, then getting adjustable cam gears might not be a bad idea. I've heard of people making nice gains by adjusting the exhaust cam timing by a few degrees. Keep in mind this is on boosted setups only where reducing valve overlap can be a good thing.

Back