Jdm B20b into ED

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SiCRX88

Whats up I just bought a b20b complete swap to go into my rex (std) this will be my first swap and I wanted to know about how hard will it be/how long will it take... any tips on what problems I will have will be appreciated thanks..

Oh yeah it currently has an obd-1 d15b7 in it

its difficult to say how long it will take you to do the swap. if you're mechanically inclined and have access to a decent set of tools, then it should go pretty smoothly. i pulled two d16a6's and dropped one back into another chassis, and had it running, in 2 days. probably worked 5 hours a day i'd say, 10 or so total. granted i've done this multiple times now. for your first swap, and considering your dropping in a totally different engine, i'd allocate yourself quite a bit more time to get everything done. its the stupid little problems you run into midway that slow you down big time.

Things you'll need/need to do:

-b20b/trans of choice
-obd1 p75 (b18b1) ecu, or p28/p06 chipped with a b20 fuel map
-90-93 teg axles, with 90-93 manual trans intermediate shaft
-ebay,avid,hasport,innovative shift linkages, or shorten a da linkage
-b-series into ef mounts from eBay, avid, hasport, innovative, etc.
-90-93 teg throttle cable
-90-93 teg rear trans bracket, must be from a 5spd
-90-93 teg driver side engine post mount (part that bolts to the block), 94+ b-series mount has different bolt pattern/layout and will not line up with the aftermarket engine mounts.

-you will need dx,ex, or si hubs if you haven't already switched out the stock std hubs. std hubs will not work with the teg axles.
-then pull out the dust rings from inside your hubs. this allows more room for the axle to move and prevents the constant velocity joints from binding on lowered vehicles.

bseriesdustringremoval.jpg

- since you have an obd1 b7 currently i'm going to assume you've already moved/extended the coolant fan switch from the back of the block over to the thermostat housing.

-lastly, you will need to make a dent on the lower driverside frame rail to allow for alternator pully clearance.

altclearance.png

Back