JDM B20Vtec Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

713whp 448wtq. That's where we stopped.

Going to dial it in on the street now. I had to rush back to work so I wasn't able to take the dyno sheets with me.

But as soon as I get them I will post them.

I'm going to have to cut my fenders and put M/Ts on my wheels.

wow, that's huge.

some guys have had to go to a dynapack to avoid the slippage. glad you finally got it all together.

is this on pump 93?

Thanks guys.

This is on E85 -8 feed -6 return with Magnafuel 750 electronic fuel pump gravity fed. Fuel tank it sumped.

We can take the car to 1150whp. But I didn't to try and save my built gsr transmission. That's why we stopped to save the trans.

and yes. If I increase the power any more I will have to use a hub dyno. That's the only way I would be able to see exactly what it's making.

Not a dyno sheet but just as good.

It spins in 1-4. It wanted way more but again only way I'm going to be able to go up is if I put it on a hub dyno.

This weekend I will post some videos to YouTube and link them. I might be able to add one. It won't let me add the video because its an MP4. I am unsure how to edit the video. But I added pictures of the dyno screen.

We are putting a 3 core racing radiator in and opening up the front bumper to get more air flow to the radiator and intercooler.

It was seeing temps of 196 and the thermostat is supposed to be 180 degrees. So the temps are elevated some which we figured it's better to be safe than sorry. Which is why we are making these few changes.

It's been on 2 dynos multiple times. It's been aligned and driven on the street. Making some minor drivability changes to the tune. And after that she should be good to go.

So far it runs great and makes gobs of power lol. It's definitely built right that's for sure.

Amazingly finally almost to the finish line!

Attachments

• 20200824_154836.jpg
    20200824_154836.jpg
    465.7 KB · Views: 274
  • 20200824_154839.jpg
    20200824_154839.jpg
    467.9 KB · Views: 268
  • 20200824_154841.jpg
    20200824_154841.jpg
    419.6 KB · Views: 250
You know I went back to the beginning of my thread and I've got to say. My entire "build" took a shape and form of it's own lol.

I have learned so much since then. I am glad I made a thread. And I want to thank everyone for putting up with my stupid questions and for doing your best to help me make good choices. I made some bad choices along the way. But the lessons I've learned will never be forgotten. And the knowledge I've gained won't be either.

Just wanted to say thanks. I will let you guys know when I get some seat time behind the wheel. I cannot wait. Long time coming.

Everybody in my area, or at least people that have decent setups are impressed with my build(not that it matters, didn't build it for them, built it for myself). Apparently from what I'm told I have the baddest civic on the road right now, who knows. Doesn't matter.

I think I might actually end up tracking the car. I plan on going AWD next. I got the motor figured out and done. AWD is next on my list.

Since I have a long thread would it be allowed to include the AWD conversion in this thread? I would think so since that would be considered powertrain.

So moving forward, has anyone here done an AWD conversion and if so what parts did you use and what do you recommend? I'm in a bunch of AWD groups on FB just lurking trying to learn but it never hurts to ask.

awesome to see it come together. Glad you saw it through to the end! Few make it.... it's hard.

def host to youtube and then link here, it will embed. we don't allow video uploads -- just too big and there's alternatives out there.

awd? why? it's never going to hold that much power and most of the awd cars are slower too due to the added weight.

awesome to see it come together. Glad you saw it through to the end! Few make it.... it's hard.

def host to youtube and then link here, it will embed. we don't allow video uploads -- just too big and there's alternatives out there.

awd? why? it's never going to hold that much power and most of the awd cars are slower too due to the added weight.

They get into 6s AWD. I've seen track races and videos.

Trans and awd system just has to be built right and reinforced properly.

When I go awd I'm turning it up to 1150whp. Maybe might push it to 1200whp/1250whp. My rods are rated for 1300whp.

Trust if it's done right it will run and hook. I just need to get the right parts. And I should be able to land some good numbers. I'm basing it off of what I've seen at the truck and what I've seen in the AWD groups I'm in.

a build thread gives you historics and the why did i do that? when you forget :)

I am very glad I did one. You are so right. And I hope that my build thread helps others. I am glad I am able to contribute to the Honda community.

I am still amazed at how much hp these 4 cylinder engines can make.

Honda had no clue what they made lol. It made them famous though and propelled their brand forward like no other. I guess Ford and Chevy could be considered in that group I suppose. But the following Honda has and how the solidified their brand in the USA is absolutely amazing.

Fact of the matter is that they are great at making 4 cylinder engines.

But anyway. I'm making a few tweaks to the setup to make it more reliable. We tested a few things and found some weak points. And we are currently making those changes. The final product should be done by next weekend. I finally have some time off to go drive it and experience the full effect.

Sometime this weekend I will post to youtube and link it here. I have a bunch of videos.

We got it aligned we are making some adjustments to the front to allow for more air flow to the intercooler and Radiator. It is doing fine but we are doing it as a precaution to provide some longevity to the engine.

I am told it has almost zero torque steer. Goes straight and handles phenomenally. They said the suspension setup isn't bad, aligned to go straight like a drag car, and having the rebuilt trans with MFACTORY All-Time LSD all plays a part. The motor does not move at all.

But anyway. I am so excited to drive it tomorrow!!!

Last edited:
If you're wanting to make this into a track car meaning take it on the road course, that's going to be a big project.

I'm more interested in going to the drag strip.

I'm not sure if I would ever do a road course.

I would have to make a lot of changes.

I would rather have a street/strip setup. Those are the kind of races I've always watched and been interested in.

I just don't think a road course is practical for me right now.

All I need is some big ass M/Ts, harness, and roll cage. And I think a stupid helmet ⛑️. Might need to change the suspension possibly but that can be done later.

Helmets aren’t stupid. One of your best investments!

I agree and I will wear one.

But I also know how to drive. But anyway.

I am having a debate with my speed shop.

I wanted to ceramic coat my top mount manifold. They don't want me to do it. Their excuse is that it's stupid and a waste of money.

But now we are combating heating issues. Temps are getting as high as 202 degrees.

I'm waiting for my turbo blanket to finally show up which will help some. And I'm ordering a wastegate blanket. I've installed a 3 core radiator, ordered a 1277cfm spal fan, and some hood risers. But they will not take my manifold off so I can get it ceramic coated. The company I use ceramic coats it inside and out. It does a great job with keeping the heat down and you couple that with the heat wrapped downpipe, wastegate blanket, turbo blanket, 3 core radiator and racing fan, I believe all of those things will work in tandem and keep the temps where they need to be.

What do you guys think???

This btw is why I haven't officially picked up my car yet.

I agree and I will wear one.

But I also know how to drive. But anyway.

I am having a debate with my speed shop.

I wanted to ceramic coat my top mount manifold. They don't want me to do it. Their excuse is that it's stupid and a waste of money.

But now we are combating heating issues. Temps are getting as high as 202 degrees.

I'm waiting for my turbo blanket to finally show up which will help some. And I'm ordering a wastegate blanket. I've installed a 3 core radiator, ordered a 1277cfm spal fan, and some hood risers. But they will not take my manifold off so I can get it ceramic coated. The company I use ceramic coats it inside and out. It does a great job with keeping the heat down and you couple that with the heat wrapped downpipe, wastegate blanket, turbo blanket, 3 core radiator and racing fan, I believe all of those things will work in tandem and keep the temps where they need to be.

What do you guys think???

This btw is why I haven't officially picked up my car yet.
I would wrap it before i coat it.

Do you have a stock thermostat in there? maybe a lower open temp thermo may help.

I would wrap it before i coat it.

Do you have a stock thermostat in there? maybe a lower open temp thermo may help.

We have a racing thermostat I forget the brand off the top of my head.

I can't wrap the manifold. It will void the lifetime warranty against cracking with Speed Factory. I can only coat it.

I'm on the way to pick my hooptie up.

We finally got the cooling issues resolved.

I'm looking at roll cages. What is a good roll cage that's certified that I should look at that's not going to kill the bank?

Whelp I took her out last night. Beat everyone lol.

And then I sheered off 4th gear. 4th gear is non-existent.

Back to the drawing board I go. I need better gears. I'm buying syncrotech turbo gears and new carbon coated syncros.

I hope that my MFactory LSD is okay.

most bolt-in cages are not certified for 10.99 and faster. you'll need to find a builder and get it tech'ed and stickered as legal.

Back