JDM Gauges in a 95 Civic CX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lechuza05

Hey guys. I just recieved my "Honda Civic EG 92-95 Manual Gauge Cluster MT JDM NR" that I purchased on eBay. I removed my stock '95 CX's cluster, compared the back panel to that of the 'new' one. They both have identical large plugs on either side of them. The difference is that the stock CX one has two small plugs that go in the lower-middle portion of the cluster, while the JDM one has just one slightly larger plug on the driver's side of the cluster. Did I recieve an incompatible cluster or can I ignore those plugs? Turned on the car, didn't notice anything wrong with the gauges persay, but I can't drive it either seeing as how my axles have not yet arrived. Any clues people? Below is a link to the eBay auction I purchased it from. Will include pics of the two gauges for comparison within the next day or two.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...me=STRK:MEWN:IT

JDM EG's and therefore, their cluster, have no SRS system or dimmer, so no plugs in the back. Just stuff them behind it.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jun 28 2005, 04:57 PM
JDM EG's and therefore, their cluster, have no SRS system or dimmer, so no plugs in the back. Just stuff them behind it.
[post=517564]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm sure this is a stupid follow-up question, but I would rather be sure... as far as the SRS goes, all that I will be lacking is the light bulb that says SRS, correct? It will have zero effect on the actual functionality of the airbag system, am I right? Thanks.

Also.. is it possible to change the bulbs to light up amber? Or is that a lot more trouble than it's worth? If it doesn't like up amber, does that mean that it's not actually JDM and/or not actually made by Honda (OEM)? Has white needles on black faces also...

SRS will still function, the lights are going to be white, unless someone changed them already. You can change the bulbs, but it will not be amber back lite like the EG6 ones, only amber lite.

Back