Jdm h22a help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAallday

I purchased a jdm h22a a few months ago and i just read that the automatic h22a's only had 180 hp compared to the manual h22a's with 200hp. Is this true? If so, why would they be different?

as far as i know the auto and manual are both 200hp and i dont know of any thats 180hp

This site says that the japanese accord with h22a's only have 180hp..but the jdm prelude h22a's rated at about 200 hp..how could i tell which motor i have and why would the hp rating be different between the two motors?

if you already have the h22a the odds are that its the 200 hp model

is it a vtec h22a or non-vtec h22a? thats the only thing i can think of why there would b a different hp rating. if it has vtec it should be runnin 200horses or so.

it's the jdm h22a vtec. i believe the block is from a 96. there's also a p13 stamped on the block.

do you know the reason behind the differences in hp rating? and how i can tell if it's from the accord or prelude? thanks

actually i found this site and it kind of answered my question. But i'm still kind of confused..

ok im not 100% sure on this but if im thinking right the only difference in the 2 are the ecu and intake, so i wouldnt worry abut that 10 hp because you will make it up with a new ecu. if you got a p13 with the motor then its a prelude motor. but im not sure how you can tell them apart

is it a vtec h22a or non-vtec h22a? thats the only thing i can think of why there would b a different hp rating. if it has vtec it should be runnin 200horses or so.

h22's all have vtec. no matter there origin. i have heard that USDM pre 96 motors are rated at only 180 due to the lesser compesion than there JDM counterparts but any JDM h22 shoudl have at least 200 and the type-s , accord SiR, or the Euro-R all have 220. hope that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back