Just a few build questions on my CRX with the GSR

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tcpappas

I have a 89 CRX with the 1994 OBD1 GSR motor. Im currently running IHM and cat-back with SK2. All being ran by the hondata S300. Sadly I want a little more out of it so my next step is to do the top end and a few other mods but i want a little input.

The overall use for this car is a fast dd that I can autocross on occasion. I have a mint B16 head to move into for better flow and im looking to run stage 2 NA cams from brian crower with springs, steel retainers, and OE size valves. Now when i go to look at the intake manifolds for the b16 i see that SK2 has one that is able to be bored out to match the 70mm throttle body they sell, should i waste my time or is it more worth while to stay with the OEM throttle body? With these upgrades am I still able to use the stock Injectors or should i step up to a bigger injector and if so what do you recommend.
Any help will be greatly appreciated
Tom Pappas

Crower makes good stuff. I would check out Blox Stage 2 cams and dual valve springs. The also make a nice intake mani and TB. Professional Products also make a nice intake mani and TB. Both companies are least $$ than SK2 and Crower and get the same if not better performance. The ITR mani is also a good way to go as most after market ones are based on it. You can keep your stock fuel system as it is so dont worry about that. Some people like to upgrade injector but it is not needed for a light NA build. Even 200whp does not need a fuel system upgrade. 70mm is large for a NA build only go 1 may 2 sized bigger than stock for a stage 2 cam upgrade. The B16 head is the better way to go IMO. I am building one for my LS Vtec now. It flows a lot better than the GSR. Do a light port and polish job on the B16 head and you have a home made Type R. The Hondata S300 is great sick with it but a little over kill for a DD street car IMO, cost wise anyways. I have a S100 that was tuned on a S300, the map made on the S300 was put into my S100 after dyno tuning. Hope this helps.

Back