just a few questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rex187

ok heres the deal im gona trubo the b16 in my crx but im having a few problems about what is all needed. so i have a few questions and what not. i hear that u need to build up the motor(like dropping the compression,new sleaves,block gard ect.) befor putting the turbo and what not on to it. is this true or do i not have to change internals to turbo it. also what all do i need for a trubo kit to work with no problems what sort.

You dont have to change the internals if you get it tuned right and dont put too much boost in it. should run fine on 8psi

Originally posted by drpenguin@Aug 15 2005, 04:04 PM
You dont have to change the internals if you get it tuned right and dont put too much boost in it. should run fine on 8psi
[post=540391]Quoted post[/post]​

I've always heared the same, if you are going to run 8 psi or less, leave it stock.

i agree and disagree....

you will get tired of the power 8 psi gives you in less than 3 months.....then you will want more.....so then you buy a boost controller and blow up the engine...

i would buy forged piston/rods (9.8:1) and then boost the ride....

better safe than sorry

thanks yall. what should i do about boost controller and turbo timer...whats the best bang for the buck?

fuck 8 psi. I'm running 12 psi on my B16A with stock internals all day long with noproblems besides a slipping clutch. That will be changed soon. Feel free to AIM me with all your questions.... ccdamanison. My setup is in my 91 crx si.

Back