Just got a speeding ticket...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SiLude

$284 for doing 85 in a 55, when he clocked me at 86 (he just didnt feel like arresting me at the point in time). Now, since i am moving and all, what happens if i don't pay it? it is due the day that i move, so its not like i will have a CT drivers license for too much longer, nor insurance or the car itself. i mean, i can pay it, but dont really want to. what would be the consequences of not paying?

Originally posted by SiLude@Aug 10 2005, 08:10 AM
$284 for doing 85 in a 55, when he clocked me at 86 (he just didnt feel like arresting me at the point in time). Now, since i am moving and all, what happens if i don't pay it? it is due the day that i move, so its not like i will have a CT drivers license for too much longer, nor insurance or the car itself. i mean, i can pay it, but dont really want to. what would be the consequences of not paying?
[post=538327]Quoted post[/post]​

Usually you're not allowed to drive in that state anymore. Same thing happened to my buddy driving through Oregon.

You might have some problems. I don't know how CT is though. As long as it's just a moving violation it won't be a HUGE deal, but I'd still pay it. CT seems pretty anal about traffic and vehicle codes.

almost all DMV offices are all linked up these days. it'll come back to haunt you. Don't be surprised if the state your moving to suspends your license

pay it because you can get a warrant.....and then youre fucked....trust me i know...

im not allowed to drive in NY anymore. I got pulled over for 86 in a 50. I paid it, they returned the check and told me I have to show up in court. I have a PA liscense, so it's BS. If I really did still live in PA, I wouldn't drive 113 miles just to show up.

And since you're in CT. You better sell you're car quick. If you take it with you, you won't be able to transfer the title until you pay the fine, they'll give you a little while before they call CTDOT though.

pay it.

in 2 or 3 months from now when you get a court summons to defned your case, your plane ticket will cost more than that.

and for the recrod, you got off easy...

my 79 in a 65 cost me $389

if CT suspends your license you won't be able to get another one in a diffrent state...

interstate DMV owns j00...

and an arrest warrant definately isn't worth it...

I got a 99 in a 70 once.. Skidding when they shot me, I was cruising around 130 and my lil detector freaked out, I hit the brakes hard and half a second later a cop crested the hill and shot my ass. They didn't take me to jail.. I was on the way to my niece's birth in a town an hour away. I was joking with em and they let me go. But I did get raped on the fine. I don't remember just exactly what it was, but it was damn High.

I've had 35+ speeding tickets. Two words: DEFERRED ADJUDICATION!

you pay like twice as much up front, but it doesn't go on your record. Only 3 of those bastards are showing.

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Aug 10 2005, 02:04 PM
if you dont pay it, youre an idiot. just pay the fucking thing.
[post=538410]Quoted post[/post]​

i never said i want going to. i just wanted to know what happens if i dont considering my situation.

Not ALL dmv's are interconnected though. It all depends on where you are moving too. If it is a borderline state, then you best pay it. But if you are moving across the country or somewhere pretty far away, i'm sure you'll be alright. Same thing happend to my buddy and he got away with a wreckless driving ticket.

Also, a little trick I learned. Pay the ticket by check and write it for 10 dollars over the amount. They will receive it at and say that you have paid your ticket, and send you a check back for the difference. DO NOT CASH THAT CHECK. They will have record that you paid the ticket, but the transaction will not be complete until you cash the check, and points will not be put onto your license. Worked for me. :p

:ph34r:

Originally posted by dveit@Aug 10 2005, 06:57 PM
Not ALL dmv's are interconnected though. It all depends on where you are moving too. If it is a borderline state, then you best pay it. But if you are moving across the country or somewhere pretty far away, i'm sure you'll be alright. Same thing happend to my buddy and he got away with a wreckless driving ticket.

Also, a little trick I learned. Pay the ticket by check and write it for 10 dollars over the amount. They will receive it at and say that you have paid your ticket, and send you a check back for the difference. DO NOT CASH THAT CHECK. They will have record that you paid the ticket, but the transaction will not be complete until you cash the check, and points will not be put onto your license. Worked for me. :p

:ph34r:
[post=538552]Quoted post[/post]​

does that really work? thats some very useful info.

yes. ive done it a all the times ive gotten tickets, only one of my 3 have shown up.

Originally posted by SiLude@Aug 10 2005, 11:10 AM
[post=538327]Quoted post[/post]​

Jailtime, community service, loss of licence. etc.

Pay it. Be poor and learn your lesson.

Originally posted by dveit@Aug 10 2005, 05:57 PM
Also, a little trick I learned. Pay the ticket by check and write it for 10 dollars over the amount. They will receive it at and say that you have paid your ticket, and send you a check back for the difference. DO NOT CASH THAT CHECK. They will have record that you paid the ticket, but the transaction will not be complete until you cash the check, and points will not be put onto your license

I was just about to ask if that worked. I had heard about it, so you just saved me the typing. God, I have to try that shit. :D

Back