Just Having a Happy Day

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MikeBergy

Blah blah blah....
Just thought I'd let you in on well the simple things in life satisfy.

So I go to change the batteries on my TI-89. I feel a hint of nerdiness havingto change the batteries in my calculator. I thnk I replaced them just a few months ago...but anyway. I change out the batteries, and turn the thing back on, and I couldn't adjust the contrast (I am stupid, but I'll tell you why in a sec.), so I am thinking, maybe there is something wrong, and if I just pull the backup battery, maybe that will work. So I do that, and CRAP, my computer throws an error code. Now I can't do anything. So I call up tech support. They are quick to make me feel stupid as they tell me how to fix both of my problems in under a minute. I feel dumb, but at least there are some helpful smart guys at the end of this telephone line. That's more than I cann say for a lot of companies. That is all. I'm off to get my free jamba juice and keep my good day going strong.

i spent 3 hours and 9 minutes on the phone with dell about a laptop and all i got was an immigrant hanging up on me. Damn off shore employees. Pour me a glass for tomorrow... pay day :)

Originally posted by Calesta@Jul 6 2005, 11:50 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I need to buy another TI-89... mine went missing when my car was broken into 2 years ago.
[post=521907]Quoted post[/post]​

for real, those things are hot commodities. My car got broken into last sept and that along wtih my two text books got jacked, i was pissed, it cost me like 100 bucks.

theives stealing calculators?!?!?!?!?!?! <scratched head>

thats just F'n weird

No- they actually stole my laptop bag and my briefcase- the calculator just happened to be in the briefcase.

Originally posted by Seany-izzle+Jul 6 2005, 10:54 PM-->
@Jul 6 2005, 11:50 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I need to buy another TI-89... mine went missing when my car was broken into 2 years ago.
[post=521907]Quoted post[/post]​

for real, those things are hot commodities. My car got broken into last sept and that along wtih my two text books got jacked, i was pissed, it cost me like 100 bucks.
[post=521913]Quoted post[/post]​

Ti-89 new are normally like $149+ from Texas Instrument

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jul 6 2005, 10:57 PM

thats just F'n weird
[post=521917]Quoted post[/post]​

You can attach a keyboard to this calculator.

It has a basic version of a windows type OS on it.

Does any problem you need with the work shown, can calculate just about anything, its amazing.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Jul 6 2005, 09:32 PM-->
@Jul 6 2005, 10:57 PM

thats just F'n weird
[post=521917]Quoted post[/post]​

You can attach a keyboard to this calculator.

It has a basic version of a windows type OS on it.

Does any problem you need with the work shown, can calculate just about anything, its amazing.
[post=521944]Quoted post[/post]​

I use it for calculus. I hate working out diffeqs in my head or on paper. The ti-89 is amazing, but it doesn't interpolate. My buddy used to have his ti89 and ti85 right next to each other during exams. He called the 89 "The Integrator" and the 85 "The Interpolator". Ahhh, Aero 301, that brings back memories....

Oh... I remember now. I had a TI-86. The 89 wasn't available yet. I would sometimes take speed tests with both my 85 and 86 on the desk at the same time.

Back