K20 Type-R or B18c5 Type-R???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

so your boy has a stock type R in there? stripped down i assume. runs with 10.9 cars from a DIG?

so your boy has a stock type R in there? stripped down i assume. runs with 10.9 cars from a DIG?
no,all motor type-r full interior,minus the back seat,full carpet,all panels,
high compression build,runs with the 10.9 chager,from a dig
and hes on dag radials,chager was on full slicks
swear on anything,ill see if we can get a video from someone,
even the domestic guys came up to him and had soo much respect for him

this is also before he put the ITB's on,he doesnt ave a tune for them so hes running the manifold until spring

gotta see a video. it sounds sick.

BUT! the K can make more power.

my vote is go get a B series type R. :p

k i just tried doing a vid but didnt work,,
heres some pix,dont have any of it with the mani,but these will work,he also walks on our boys twin t'd rx7,from a dig and a roll,

Attachments

• m_5c9c03d05a9046cea63159b7eb85aef5.jpg
    m_5c9c03d05a9046cea63159b7eb85aef5.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 240
  • m_399b529fc95846bdb4c990604ce459d4.jpg
    m_399b529fc95846bdb4c990604ce459d4.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 478
  • m_c26db60e20c2f4dfe07b3e8e7b7dceea.jpg
    m_c26db60e20c2f4dfe07b3e8e7b7dceea.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
how much did the itb's cost? what compression?

i'm all for the b-series but when you say the k is overated well. your buddys ride is a prime example of the amount of things it needs to produce the power and k can do with half of that. badass engine but in i still say there is no replacement for displacement. a Keg is always betteer than a Bottle.

i made that up:lol:

im unsure of the compression,the itb's he got brand new in a trade,but fom the distributor they are $1400,require special injectors($90 a piece) and custom ful line(he paid $75) he used his own injectos and modded them to work,
the only thing stock on this motor is the rods,and he still revs over 9g,
but for the price of a K you could build a pretty badass B

imo

B>all:D

bottom line is with a k20 with bolt ons and k-pro you can get 215-230 whp depending on the tune. now yes the k does cost a bit to swap but look what you gain in the end. now how much money would you have to drop into a b to get all motor no adders whp like that

bottom line is with a k20 with bolt ons and k-pro you can get 215-230 whp depending on the tune. now yes the k does cost a bit to swap but look what you gain in the end. now how much money would you have to drop into a b to get all motor no adders whp like that

2 on 2 bitches! bring it....thanks ahhvtec i knew i could count on you to back me up^_^

topic: keep in mind his choices...if hes got enough to buy a type k20r why the fuck would you settle for a B series? he claims to afford the baddest k of all and your crunching numbers to save money? only reason i say b series is to help him learn the easier swap. I could car less.

now i change my vote. blow your fucking money and go Keg!!!!!!!!!! you will own bitches.........with the right tune and bolt ons you will own the hondas in your town.

injen you cant deny the K20r is far better than the B18C type R pund for pound. don't deny it!!!!!

if the kid has money,yes go K,if not go B
i do agree the K is powerful,but i do not prefer them:)
id rather build a B

i would too right now. but man a K in the engine bay would feel nice.

we all do, we all do, at least us without it do but if you look and wait you can get sick deals i got my b18c1 tranny and all for under $2000. so when is the swap happening? and i think we all want pic.

you got a good deal however a c1 is not a c5. i dont know about where you are from but a c5 is super super rare. they will sell for more than 2k with tranny:D

i have never heard of a b18c type R in any of the cars here in tally. maybe parts of a jdm spec but no the whole swap.

Its mostly a bling swap over a b18c1. Yes, the c5 gives you slightly more power and some bragging rights. But the full swap is usually 5 grand. Thats a b18c1 with a supercharger or turbo, management, and a good tune.. which would blow the c5 away for the same money.

Last edited:
thats what i plan to do, got a turbo and header waste gate and BOV, fmu, inercooler, i wasn't planing on doing it this soon but when a deal comes by you gotta get it, and still havent hit the 5G mark ya boy, so once again i say B,
Its mostly a bling swap over a b18c1. Yes, the c5 gives you slightly more power and some bragging rights. But the full swap is usually 5 grand. Thats a b18c1 with a supercharger or turbo, management, and a good tune.. which would blow the c5 away.

thats what i plan to do, got a turbo and header waste gate and BOV, fmu, inercooler, i wasn't planing on doing it this soon but when a deal comes by you gotta get it, and still havent hit the 5G mark ya boy, so once again i say B,
turbo and header huh lol

Back