KYB

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

whats up folks, new here....
i just got some kyb-gr2s last week and plan to get mines lowered this saturday.............are they nice????? heard good stories about them.
im thinking my springs are 1.8 to 2.0.
im not really worried about the perfect ride as far as for comfort. im just wanting something decent and that will last.
but u said they're ok, so i should be straight, right????? ;)

I don't have GR-2s, but I do have a set of KYB AGXs on my car and I love them. That should tell you a little something, at the very least.

I'm telling you right now unless you get good spring compressors don't use them, those rental ones are garbage, I've had more springs shoot out of those than I care to remember, using a towel has never caused a single problem

one time it was too late to rent a set of comps. so i put a hyrdalic jack under the lower arm and put a little pressure on the spring, unbolted the strut from the top, and let the jack down real slow. then i unbolted the bottom of the strut and removed the spring. for the back i did the same thing except i put the jack under the trailing arm.

what do mean using a towel?

well i got my sturts on................nice to, nice ride, i like them a lot
havent been able to enjoy them yet because i need and alignment bad. my couzins taking her to get one today......
but yeah i rate kyb-gr2's a 8 1/2.
feels great on bumps.
:worthy:

Back