Lookin For A Tablet

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

got my hands on a samsung galaxy tab here at the office... not really that impressed.

Calesta said:
nook color + root + gps chip = :D

I know I don't solder nearly good enough to install a gps chip haha.

Is that versus the iPad for you, or just in general?

in general. im not a fan of the android OS, and i hate how other devices dont scroll like glass.

the device itself is too small. after getting used to an ipad, its tough to go to a SMALLER device. it was interesting to see that it takes the same charger as idevices though.

Viewsonic G Tablet, From Rags To Riches – An Owner’s Guide To Making The Best Of A Great Tablet | Android News, Reviews, Apps, Games, Phones, Tablets, Tips, Mods, Videos, Tutorials - Android Police

I really don't think you'll be able to get a tablet for less than the price of an ipad that will do everything you want it to right out of the box, especially not an android tablet. This guy said he was ready to root the device after 15 minutes of use, the stock ROM was that bad.
I know this thread is kinda old already but I thought I'd put it out there that I picked up a G tablet for my mom when it was on woot a while back and had it shipped to me to mod it a little before sending it to her. Right out of the box the thing sucks just like everyone else has said. I put Vegantab on it and set it up with the apps she wanted and the thing is really cool. I can't remember the name of the graphics benchmark program, but the Gtab ended up doing better than quite a few other tablets out there. If you are still looking for a tablet, check out the XDA forums to see what they're doing with the Gtab. There's also a way to get the new Netflix app to work on it. I, personally, don't have that much use for a tablet in my everyday life but I have also considered getting one to use strictly to show my photos.

Welp, Im posting this from my new 32 gig, Galaxy Tab 10.1. Just getin into it really, but so far I like it a lot. The new Android will take a little gettin use to but its not bad.

Thanks for all the input everyone.

Sounds like a solid choice to me. I played with one at the Verizon store the other day and I was impressed. The screen is nearing the quality of the apple touch screen. That's the only thing I'd take from an Apple product, the touch screen.

I'm just about positive im going to be picking up two 10" galaxy tabs tomorrow. I can get them through work on a payment plan with no interest. Ill post results tomorrow

After trying every tablet on the market out, I gave up and broke down and bought an ipad2

So far no regrets I've had it for about 2 weeks now.

Im really diggin the Galaxy. Its everything I needed and expected. The best part is, for it to do what I want, I dont need to root it and go through all that trouble. Pulled it outa the box and it works.

The screen is amazing. The picture quality is killer. It works perfect as a digital portfolio.

And since its Android, it works great with every thing Ive already got.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the sound is damn good too. It surprised me at first lol.

Last edited:
iPad is still probably the "best" general purpose tablet on the market.

Android still has some funky software problems it needs to overcome. PDFs, flash, etc. Granted at least it HAS flash, but it's pretty crappy from what I've read.

Flash on my phone isn't to bad. I won't be able to pick up the galaxy tabs until next week. They won't sell it before there precious sale :(

Back