looks like i might get get fired

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yeah, if i had 0 income and 0 savings i would DEFINITELY be grabbing unemployment. Bills is bills. I had to dip into about $1,000 of my savings, but hey, it was better than missing a payment on my car or worse, my apt.

well i have been into tight spots many times. I have been lucky enough to find a job right at the last second. If it means getting my wife off the streets hell yeah i'll swallow my pride. In the meantime.......well i'll be looking for a job:rolleyes:

Sit is about to hit the fan this friday. They go to court along with the banks to see what happens to half of the properties that we own. They could easily take the properties back and lock the doors right then and there.:(

this sounds kinda up your alley....I just don't know your level education and experiance...

but hey, apply, and if they email you an appointment for an interveiw, and if you can scrape the money to get up to it, I'm sure we could help a little.

Sikorsky - Home

in fact, I might know someone that could push your app, but she is hardcore for educated people.

I know someone who would love a job at Sikorsky, but doesn't want to move out of state. He had a job offer from some other company but didn't take it because it was out of state; he works on Fedex planes for $14/hr :/

tell him I make $28.75/hr...and will get a 3.5% raise thursday which will be around 30ish/hr....and I grossed 97.5K's last year.

he'll move.......
:)

twice as much money, free college, and after a while...pimping lame post's from hotels while living on the companies dime.

Last edited:
if he or anyone has an A&P license...they better frequently visit Sik's job posts. Hell, they are still doing stupid mass hirings for almost every job.... Taco has a chance if he's motivated, and can pull off some tight shit. If he has to move up here, plenty of guys up here, including me can set him up in a room until he makes enough money to move the family up. I've done it before for a kid, and I have no problem doing it for other kids.

WOW. thanks airjockie. Sounds pimp.

And yes it seems that alot of the existing properties will be filing chapter 11. :(

Thanks to a coworker she told me to make a resume ASAP so i can give it to her. She has a job that she's looking at and thinks i can get one there too. Its similar to what i'm doing now. The best part is that construction and other manual labor skills i have are a plus.

man i think this is it. It looks like i'm gonna move forward to getting new job.:(

you guys kill me with the unemployment

the absolute #1 reason i would have for collecting unemployment would be to raise my old boss's insurance rate
if your employer has claims on his unemp ins then the rate he pays rises
i don't know of many people that are happy to get fired/layed off
not filing unemp gives them 0 repricussions for their decisions

yeah i've had to take unemployment. i considered it a small vacation to collect my head before i got back on the horse. it was definately helpful and not harmful.

yeah i've had to take unemployment. i considered it a small vacation to collect my head before i got back on the horse. it was definately helpful and not harmful.

yeah my buddy did the same thing. He got layed off by Booth Companies the week he got me hired.:mad: He said fuck it. i'll make him pay me so he collected a small $250 check every week.

Too bad he just got his school money too. He went out and bought a PS3 and it was all over. He didnt get another job. Stopped going to school. He woke up at like 2pm every day. He would go to bed at like 5am sometimes. That PS3 just sucked him in......well it was 'Resistance' that really did it:D he eventually moved back to West Palm.

I'm just saying that while it might help you. It could also slow your job looking attitude.:confused: Some people just get crazy with the whole free money thing. I know my buddy did.

Back