Losing A/c

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

prelude92stype

has anybody taken the ac off a p4 gen prelude and what kind of power gain if any do you have. Along with that whats invovled in taking out the system.

you really want a car with no ac? i have never done this but i would only asume that it would give you 4 or 5 horses. not recomended. take off the power steering or somthing; cars without ac are not fun at all i know i drove one for over a year. :wall:

But I do live in Colorado, and believe it or not, it gets pretty damn hot here in the summer. It's a semi-arid climate, and we get 300 days of sunshine a year. At least there's no humidity.

No AC is fine if you can keep your car moving. if not thats when u feel the heat. The power gain is minimal and weight loss is small. I mean if you need the power just turn it all off. Turning off your fan lites and anything else you can... dashlites STEREO!!! etc etc will give you more power then just removing the AC plus your resale will take a hit.

Originally posted by prelude92stype@Feb 3 2003, 06:06 PM
has anybody taken the ac off a p4 gen prelude and what kind of power gain if any do you have. Along with that whats invovled in taking out the system.

Leave the AC and lose a few pounds...you'll save money on food and still get a comparable performance boost. :D

In all seriousness, AC is a must for resale value. You'll have to pay someone to downgrade your car, unless you plan on venting all of that refrigerant into the environment...money better spent on other stuff to make it go faster.

If this is a purpose built track car, I say lose the AC along with all of the rest of that stuff....like stereo gear, rear seats, spare tire, etc.

Plus...chicks dig AC.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Feb 4 2003, 03:59 PM
But I do live in Colorado, and believe it or not, it gets pretty damn hot here in the summer. It's a semi-arid climate, and we get 300 days of sunshine a year. At least there's no humidity.

:lol: try down here in houston or galveston texas....98 degrees and 100% humidity = keeping a/c!

Back