Loss of power at high end/burning of oil (b18C1)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dct5289

GT5 FTW
I have a B18C1 in a 93 civic cx hatch and i don't think it is running right. At high RPMs it burns alot of oil (enough to make a thin but visible smoke cloud) and it seems like i lose power past about 7000. I havent done anything to the engine as far as mods go except for exhaust and intake. The engine has really good low end torque and pulls pretty good until it starts burning oil. My compression was good last time i checked, but im going to check it again tomorrow. im going to pull the engine out and do the HG and oil seals some time this summer, But if it could be something more simple please give me your opinion.

I may be way off here, but have you checked your PCV Valve? Its a really cheap part so its worth replacing anyway. Just a thought.

Could be pcv, but it would most likely leak oil too. Shake the pcv and if you hear the valve moving freely its fine, if it sounds gunked up then replace it. Also, it could be you valve seals. I would do valve seals and do a valve adjustment, you would loose power in the high r's if they are aren't right.

Thanks for the help, ill do a valve adjustment tomorrow as well as check my pcv

Back