Low end or top end

Low end or top end power

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolPWR

just curious. preety much accel or speed. I personally like accel and low end grunt. to bad my honda doesnt have any <_<

I like the initial throw you back into your seat effect. I have a big car, so it feels like it pulls like whoa!...but it just feels like it... :angry:

I'd like to have the low end torque, but I love high end power and revving out to insane engine speeds. :)

This is a good poll.... i used to own an old firebird so low end grunt was part of the fun, but i have a much better time with my high revving (high end power) motor....

like B said, If the car is geared as it should be it shouldn't matter all that much where the power is.

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Dec 14 2003, 06:04 PM
like B said, If the car is geared as it should be it shouldn't matter all that much where the power is.

unless its boosting or been modified...most stock cars don't have an even powercurve throughout.

My right eye twitches if I can't go over 100 mph at least once a month. You can rev up your engine a bit for powering through corners, as long as you don't mash it too hard.

I had a firebird at one time also. Hit 145 and was climbing, nice. But, yeah, spinning up the motor is a kick.

Originally posted by sportlinecrx@Dec 14 2003, 07:32 PM
it depends...
low end is better for autox. top end is better for drag.

again, that depends on gearing....

torque makes smoke
horsepower wins races...
I run a b16a in my integra, and i am sure i can take just about domestic on the streets....

oh, but my car is turbo now too! hee hee...i'm making 250 to the wheels, only 170 lbs torque...you still think torque wins races?

horsepower is a function of torque, y0. So actually the torque is winning the race. Not the hp. heh.

And I think 170 ft/lbs is freakishly low for 250hp.

Back