Ls Swap In To A Crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crxguy05si

I have a Ls engine sitting in my garage and I am planing on swaping it in. What I was wondering was will I have to get a ZC or SiR hood seeing that im swaping in a b-series engine? I plan on using either hasport or place racing mounts.

whats up , you can use your crx hood but yes it will hit. you need to bang in some of the supports whereever it hits. mine just eventually fit to the engine. but yes there are clearance problems

i know that with my zc engine you just have to take the timing belt cover
but im not sure about your ls buddy sorry

yeah clearance is a problem. cut out what ever hits!

Originally posted by slammedb18acivic@Jan 24 2003, 09:18 PM
whats up , you can use your crx hood but yes it will hit. you need to bang in some of the supports whereever it hits. mine just eventually fit to the engine. but yes there are clearance problems

WTF? Yea, lets go bang up on the braces, resulting in the hood on the outside to be pushed up. Pull the hood and cut the braces over the head out and then dont let anyone sit on the hood in that spot.

WTF? Yea, lets go bang up on the braces, resulting in the hood on the outside to be pushed up. Pull the hood and cut the braces over the head out and then dont let anyone sit on the hood in that spot.

yea lets let our fat girlfriends sit on our cars thats a good idea

can you get around the clearance problem by maybe mounting the motor mounts lower and over all mounting the motor lower?????

Originally posted by b18vtecrx@Feb 13 2003, 12:36 PM
can you get around the clearance problem by maybe mounting the motor mounts lower and over all mounting the motor lower?????

i'm pretty sure that if you put a few washers under each mount, that it will clear. trial and error is the best way.

adding washers is adding more metal. wouldn't that raise the motor...it also won't allow the mount to sit properly which would allow for more vibration which is already going to be more than the stock motor....i dunno, maybe i'm wrong....

if u put hasport mounts the crank pulley will hit the radius rod when u drive and u will need bent one out of a accord so u should use stock mounts and just buy a zc hood which comes higher it happen when i did it in my crx

There is not any OEM mounts you can use in the 4th gens to get a b-series in to a crx. Maybe some JDM mounts, but i wouldn't bet on it.

I dont know if you are going find a ZC hood to easily, just get a cut off wheel and cut acouple of braces out from under the hood and dont let anyone sit there.

Damn,it isn't that hard of a concept to grasp.Like Codee said,lower you hood find out exactly where it hits,get a grinding wheel and remove as little as possible.But it doesn't matter anyway because the HAsport mount kits will clear the US hoodline.That is what they are made for,along with mounting the motors in cars that they didn't come in,in this country.

And to crxguy05si,we are not mindreaders it would help to know what year,your putting this in.But once again,YOU DON"T NEED HOOD MODs WITH THE HAsport KIT.

Here is the nescessary step's for your engine bay have fun a good luck.

Back