LS swap weight

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolReaver

Anybody know the dimensions of a ls motor and tranny? Im going to pick it up on wednesday, and i need to know if its going to fit in my friends 90 ford tempo...And do you suppose 3 guys could lift it into the trunk? Damn i cant wait to put that thing in my car !! :D

Thanks

in a tempo, ha thats great. That will be a total sleeper. I am pretty sure that it would fit, the tempo has a pretty big engine bay. Have fun putting in thou. You are going to spend a ton of time because nothing will line up

i think hes asking will it fit in the trunk ...

"Im going to pick it up on wednesday, and i need to know if its going to fit in my friends 90 ford tempo"

3 people should be able to lift it ... i think it will go in the trunk.... probly aint gunna close though... if not what about the back seat??? just put a tarp down or somethin to keep from getting shit all over the interior of the car

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Nov 3 2002, 06:48 PM
i think hes asking will it fit in the trunk ...

"Im going to pick it up on wednesday, and i need to know if its going to fit in my friends 90 ford tempo"

3 people should be able to lift it ... i think it will go in the trunk.... probly aint gunna close though... if not what about the back seat??? just put a tarp down or somethin to keep from getting shit all over the interior of the car

Lol, yeah its only going in the tempo to drive it back from where im picking it up at. Yeah i might end up putting it in the back seat, it should fit there.
Thanks for the replies, guys

ANybody know the actual dimensions though?

seperate the motor and transmission.

motor in the back, transmission in the backseat.

do you think that the intake and exhaust manifold will have to be removed also?

depends on how well you tie it down if it isnt gunna move at all dont bother if its gunna be floppin around like a drunk bitch at the club take em off

Have fun with it, if you no of someone with an suv or truck have them haul it for you. I have put several engines and trannys into my blazer with no problem.

yeah, when i do the swap i think im going to make an article for the articles section:

2000 ls swap into obd1 del sol

Back