LS Turbo or GSR Turbo for my 1st car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Im going to make about 2000 when I sell the 98 Civic... that will fund most of my turbokit.

Id like to find a GSR and turbo that right away..... hopefully that + 2.5 or 3" turbo back exhaust will run me 13's.

quick question... a wastegate and bov are different turbo components right?

i think we all know where this is going...... waaaaaaaaaaa, waaaaaaaaaaaaa, BOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!

why do you say that... i got plenty of help for this

my dad's a body shop/service manager at a DSM dealership, and my uncle taught my dad everything he knows... they wont let me fuck this all up, im just asking this stuff for my own personal knowledge

A DSM dealership? Uhhhh... okay.

Anycrap, just buy an EG and swap. You'll be happier. Fuck an Integra. The DC is a great platform with which to start if A- you're looking for a car that will handle wonderfully with minimal modification or B- you're loaded. The Civic will be faster for less money, always. My car runs 14.1's all day and including the car I've spent less than 10 grand to get there. Not bad at all for a car that I personally don't even consider a drag car, huh? Plus, with your 2k dollars you aren't going to be getting a good turbo kit and you most certainly wont be tuned well enough to get acceptable gas mileage. Just buy an CX and toss a GSR mill in there. The swap is easy enough to do on your own anyway and with a Helms manual, you'd have to be Ashton Kutcher retarded to mess it up. Buy yourself some springs and shocks and a set of azenis and you'll be happier than a pig in shit. Trust me.

EG hatch 2500
gsr swap 3000
springs and shocks 500
4x 205-50R15 Azenis 380
15 inch steelies 50 bucks
Intake 150
good catback exhaust 400

There ya go, under 7k for a quick little honda car that gets great gas mileage, looks good and will hand a mustang-with-boltons its ass on a silver platter with a pretty little celery garnish. B) Besides, you can cut costs by looking for a hatch with a dead engine or getting an Ebay muffler and muffler shop piping. Shit you could even do an SiRII swap for 1000 dollars less and buy yourself a nice Zex wet nitrous kit. Still safer than a shitty turbo kit. :)

The Civic may not be an Acura or have power windows or whatever the fuck, but it's a helluva lot better than a teg that'll get less than 20mpg and eventually go boom.

Back