LS1 Engine for sale 60k crated

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Don't disount the aerodynamics of those vehicles either. The corvette looks like it was put through the wind tunnel several times during the design process. The other cars mentioned, well, don't.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
I am amazed that they still evade the gas guzzler tax with that much displacement and horsepower. Corvettes are amazing, still get almost 30mpg on the highway when driven right. At least that is what I was told by a couple owners I talked to a while back.

The 03-04 Cobra had a 1000 dollar guzzler tax (although for 04 it was just added to the price of the vehicle instead of being a option tax). While the Viper had a 3000 dollar tax. The SRT10 had a 4000 dollar tax.

Even in highway driving you'll never see those two cars get above 15 mpg... where as the Corvette will see 25+ all day long on the highway. Chevy actually puts some engineering into vette engines, where as Ford just slapped an Eaton on a forged internaled 4V 4.6 and called it a day.

The cobra is forced induction so there goes your mileage.

The viper engine is an old design and has huge displacement, plus 10 cylinders. Add that engine to the SRT10 and have it push mega weight and see what that rolling resistance does to gas mileage.

Really, it isn't a suprise that engines that are only setup with making power in mind, aren't fuel efficient.

Now take the stock V8 in the '05+ GT and see what kind of MPG you get.

p.s. When my girlfriend's dad was researching the '07 Cobra, I believe the price was $50,000 and it had a huge gas guzzler tax on it because it was only supposed to get like 10mpg.

The 05 GT will barely make 20 mpg when it's driven like it's supposed to be. The front end is just a giant wall of drag.

Quoted post[/post]]
The 05 GT will barely make 20 mpg when it's driven like it's supposed to be. The front end is just a giant wall of drag.

Will any car make a decent mpg when "driven like it's supposed to be."

MPG is given under ideal circumstances or at the very least daily situations.

If I'm a cornhole and get on the WRX as hard as I want, I can get 15mpg on 93 octane and if I drive it like a normal daily driver - I can get 25-27mpg.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Will any car make a decent mpg when "driven like it's supposed to be."

MPG is given under ideal circumstances or at the very least daily situations.

If I'm a cornhole and get on the WRX as hard as I want, I can get 15mpg on 93 octane and if I drive it like a normal daily driver - I can get 25-27mpg.

I beat the fuck out of my car. Almost constant 8000 rpms and still see 28 mpg. A lot of my driving to and from work is highway driving though. But I get on it when I'm driving through the city.

But seriously, if you're going to buy a GT and drive it like a grandma you should have bought a V6. :p

i've gotten over 30 emails on this engine lol, and i think 30 watchers....one guy wanted to put it in his 944 porshe still 4 days left....

come one someone put 345hp ls1 with well over 300lbs tq in there civic

fyi, my vette was making 452hp at the crank and saw 22mpg not much worse then a v6 accord my dads 99 averages 24mpg, my car had 2.53 gears his has 2.73 gears.....

anyone catch car and drivers new magazine with the new Shelby Cobra 500hp vs NoN Z06 Vette with 405hp...vette came in first

Back