lsvtec almost done

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sorry for the delay, i didnt have my memory card in and snapped off pics I couldnt pull from the camera so i only had shots from the finished product.

dscn03310cf.jpg

I had to change the gsr throttle position thingy luckily I had an extra b18b mani on hand :mrgreen:
dscn03326va.jpg

dscn03332eb.jpg

Damnit I still need longer IM bolts because of my hondata "copy" gasket

If everything goes right i should have the swap in by the 22nd which would be awesome so I can make the deland airport scca event, should be interesting with r compound tires and my first run with a b series at an autox.

I guess that saturday I will drive around a lot and break in the motor, make sure everything is running right.

Quoted post[/post]]
HONDA OEM Integra Type R 11.5 mm
Crower 63402 11.84 mm

is that alot more???

btw...im not trying to thread jack...i think you also want this info....ill stop if you want

GSR Stock
Duration @ .050"
Int- 236 mid
Exh-224 mid

B18a/b
Stock
Duration @ .050"
Int - 194
Exh - 196

62402-2 Cams
Duration @ .050"
Int -203
Exh - 208

62404-2 Cams
Duration @ .050"
Int - 226
Exh - 224

The ls cams overall have a much shorter duration at above .05 lift, that would be my guess as to why you need different pistons for the larger vtec profiles. I couldn't find the info for the type r cams, but seeing the gsr cam profile leads me to believe that the ITR cams have even more duration. You'll see these cams tapping the intake valves on the piston tops at the beginning of the intake stroke. The valves will be open too much at the stock cam settings. You'd have to retard them a bit, and that would just defeat the purpose of having them on there for most part.

Quoted post[/post]]
My build is actually delayed a few weeks. Im moving into an apartment and I need to buy a new clutch/trans for my car.

Anyhow, today I did actually install my ITR dual valve springs, that was fun I must say. I only did the Intake Side though, as the little lapper suction tool I have was too big for my exhuast valves, so I had to go get a smaller one. Also, I bought a set feeler gauges so I can do the valve adjustment on my car soon, like in a week or so.

Oh, not to mention. Ive decided to go forged and will need to save for pistons/rods ($600 from IBSpec)... im looking at 11:1 or 11.5:1 CR on 91 Octane here in Arizona. Im skeered, but whatev'

Bump for a budget LSVTEC...
Nice. I am actually thinking I might be slappin the b16a head on my built block in a couple of months after I get my suspension to the point where I want it. BTW, do you still have those b16 cams?

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
My build is actually delayed a few weeks. Im moving into an apartment and I need to buy a new clutch/trans for my car.

Anyhow, today I did actually install my ITR dual valve springs, that was fun I must say. I only did the Intake Side though, as the little lapper suction tool I have was too big for my exhuast valves, so I had to go get a smaller one. Also, I bought a set feeler gauges so I can do the valve adjustment on my car soon, like in a week or so.

Oh, not to mention. Ive decided to go forged and will need to save for pistons/rods ($600 from IBSpec)... im looking at 11:1 or 11.5:1 CR on 91 Octane here in Arizona. Im skeered, but whatev'

Bump for a budget LSVTEC...
Nice. I am actually thinking I might be slappin the b16a head on my built block in a couple of months after I get my suspension to the point where I want it. BTW, do you still have those b16 cams?

yes.

So I got some the final pieces I needed and everything is bolted up now.

I hope this wont be a problem, I couldnt find studs anywhere so I went with some bolts that I will add lock washers to. I hope they dont back out but I gues I will find out.
dscn03347xb.jpg

Finally found the fittings I needed for the oil pressure gauge locally at a hotrod shop for domestics.
dscn03352td.jpg

Sealed this end with some hondabond.
dscn03361sl.jpg

Thats it for awile, anyone with experience with ge sandwhich? does yours move around a little when the center is completely tight? mine has some play to it but i would think once the oil filter is on it may tighten it a little.

looking good...i dont have any idea about the sandwich since i used a regular line kit....

if you are looking for some studs, check out http://www.mcmaster.com part number 93210A030. these are the same studs im using on my build. i like the black oxide finish. and plenty long enough
gallery_1242_496_25165.jpg

gallery_1242_496_186507.jpg

you could also probably get some studs from the hardware store. just get some that are 8mm x 1.25 and about 50mm long and you will be fine

Thanks for the part numbers I may go that way.

Well I finished the swap on the 22nd like planned with much help from greatly appreciated friends.

:mad: problem 1 bad ecu ok cool my buddy has one, yup his shit is messed up but atleast the car drives and operates properly just idles bad.
:mad: :mad: :mad: biggest problem 3rd gear! ha or lack of, no 3rd gear at all. I need to get a stock shift lever since I have this shitty extra long short shifter that came on the 92 linkage that hits the piping and just doesnt seem right.

The one positive was that everything I did motor wise was correct, the motor fired on the first crank with no problems as of yet(knocked on wood). 1st and 2nd gear pulls are very strong and I drove the car all day with no motor issues!

Tranny and ecu are the problems though, ecu is solved since I just ordered a new complete ecu setup from phearable.

Tranny I have no clue how I will get taken care of, whats it cost ball park for syncros and or rebuilds?

I also ended up having to replace the slave and master clutch cylinders.

Here it is
dsc04708ig.jpg

I will get some day shots but just got a quick one tonight for everyone that was interested.

Thanks, actually now that I have time to think about some things maybe the shift linkage is the problem with the transmission? Several people said ls shift linkage from a 92-93 style integra would work and it does 1,2,4,5,r but not 3 and wont downtshift untile 15mph into 2.

Quoted post[/post]]
what did you use to clean the dirt off of your valve cover?

age old secret

jk..I use wd 40 lol and a rag.

spray it and run the motor, it will evaporate and look good again.

Quoted post[/post]]
Thats it for awile, anyone with experience with ge sandwhich? does yours move around a little when the center is completely tight? mine has some play to it but i would think once the oil filter is on it may tighten it a little.
Even though this is almost a month ago, I thought I'd let you know on mine it doesn't move. *shrug*

Yeah I corrected the problem during the swap.

**updated pics and parts**

Half shaft bolts I had to get but dont need anymore so if anyone is interested make me an offer.
dscn03379ag.jpg

1995 civic si muffler im looking to get rid of shoot me an offer.
dscn03383rp.jpg

Swap pics, damn cam seals need to be replaced bahh.
dscn03398ll.jpg

Nice jerry rigged throttle bracket.
dscn03405kf.jpg

Nice vtec wire harness i purchased froma a guy in town.
dscn03414kb.jpg

Brand new Crv ac bracket because its hot as hell in fl with no ac! Just so some of you guys know you can use this bracket with your stock d series compressor and lines on any b motor swap except the b16 for half the price almost as the del sol p54 bracket.
dscn03429jw.jpg

And if anyone needs da shift linkage let me know. The da linkage did work but not well and i would not recommend it to anyone with a b swap in a 92-95 civic no matter what anyone or even if your buddy says like mine did it doesnt work right. I picked up a nice 2000 si set with a skunk 2 shifter that feels real nice.
DA linkage.
dscn03439ym.jpg

I probably will be doing a write up soon on how to change out shift forks and synchros since I have no 3rd gear and cant downshift to 2nd gear unless im doing like 5 mph so look for that in the coming months. I also got my chipped ecu from phearable.net and the motor runs smooth now so motor wise im still happy with this build.

Looks good man! I'm assembling my motor tonight, and it's going in tomorrow. Can't wait! :) Aiming for 500whp and 11's in Colorado.. I'll make update my build post shortly!

Back