Matts96HB's EJ6 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I will, as soon as I can find someone that will film lol. Most can't keep the camera still. Oh and my first kill: Jetta VR6 I/H/E.

i just did a d15b swap in my 90 ef hatch... hows your revs? mine stops at like 4200 rpms. it wont rev any higher! got any suggestions?

Mine revs really nice. Very quick response.

Not really sure about your problem, you could have something hooked up wrong. Not exactly sure what though, Im not too familiar with the older swaps.

If I recall right though, d15b is a SOHC VTEC, which would mean you need an ECU that is setup for VTEC. Check on that because 4200 sounds right about where VTEC should be kicking in, that possibly could be your problem.

def post some vids

also curious what speed you get out of each gear with the SIR tranny

ex.
1st - 40mph
2nd - 60
3rd - 90
4th - 120

let me know

Nowhere near those, gears are VERY short.

To put it into perspective.. 5th gear @ 70 mph = 4,000 rpms.

ok ill get some better ones tomorrow hopefully.

also installed skunk2 coilovers today, full race suspension. very spendy!

only car in spokane with them on right now :)

anyway, more vid tomorrow hopefully, raced my buddy's ricey hatch today and mobbed on it, that will be on there.

rev problem no more.. got the car back on 4 wheels today and it drives fine. yeah vtec kicks in at a smooth 4400 rpm. wasnt aware that it wouldnt rev higher than that when i wasnt driving

nice, good luck with the car.

anyway, i have lost one race so far, to a mustang gt with full exhaust and an intake.. lost by 2 cars. It was a 2000, so i was half expecting that lol. Other than that I have been mobbin on people.. lol its pretty cool to go from a d16 that has no chance to something that does. Ill post another vid soon!

awesome!!! how do you feel about a mini me swap on a d16? think its worth it? just wandering if i should try that with my other hatch( bent valves)

I havent read a whole lot about them but from what I've heard they are well worth it if you are looking for something cheap and see decent gains.

Anytime. Got another kill yesterday! 94 Mustang GT. 5 speed. The guy seemed fairly suprised at the next light lol. Didnt have anyone in the car to film though. Also beat a del sol with ricey vinyls and a b16 swap.

Haha yeah no kidding, this tranny is ridiculous! But alot of fun, I have taken it out on some of the roads here that are really fun to drive on. Trying to get a new vid up. Should be quite a bit longer than the last one, and will have some races on it!

Back