Matts96HB's EJ6 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cant possibly be worse than street tires.. if they do in fact hurt my E/T then ill just use them for autox, or get rid of em :)
edit: just did a quick bit of research, seems like for a mix of autocross & drag racing this seems to be a widely suggested tire.. so i guess we will see how it goes

Last edited:
I dont see how a full slick can possibly be worse than any street tire. As long as you have the suspension for it, you should be good to go.

I have those same tires, but 2 sets of 4. I have two on the front of my car and it hooks like none other. I only paid $100 for two sets of four though. :D

I dont see how a full slick can possibly be worse than any street tire. As long as you have the suspension for it, you should be good to go.
k sport coilovers all around. not a drag setup, but stiff nonetheless.
I have those same tires, but 2 sets of 4. I have two on the front of my car and it hooks like none other. I only paid $100 for two sets of four though. :D

good to hear that they work. i just really wish they were a smaller size haha, i dont like the thought of putting 17s on my car in any instance.

car will FINALLY be getting registered today. my dad has agreed to finally put the car in my name, which resets the clock on emissions, and the car wont need them for two years now :D
that said, bumpers are going to be painted very soon. new muffler going on as well.

will post pics of my aem uego that i installed last week. got fed up with the innovative and went with the aem. very pleased.

I thought that meant that would need emmisions now, then not need it next year?

What was it that you didnt like about the Innovative wide band?

you can get the car registered without emissions if you tell them that it is non-operable. if you get a notice from a landlord or parking enforcement tellling you that you can't have an unregistered car parked on the street, you can get it through reg.

I thought that meant that would need emmisions now, then not need it next year?

What was it that you didnt like about the Innovative wide band?
nope, i needed emissions last year (09) as the tabs expired in dec 2009. its now 2010, and im trying to register the car. therefore, dont need emissions this year because the car is a 96.

innovative's instructions sucked ass. all you really need for a wideband is a switched power (typically with ignition) and a ground to chassis. their instructions were so messed up that i had to get online and cross reference them with some guy that installed one in a 93 civic. it was a real PITA considering they wanted you to use the ecu for power and ground, and also wire it into your system and use it as part of a closed loop system.

The result was a wiring nightmare. I had wires stretched the whole length of my car, labeled and everything, trying to figure out wtf to connect to what. not to mention that the sensor needs calibration periodically, which is a complete pain in the ass. you have to get under the car and pull the sensor out of the exhaust, then let it sit in free air. connect the calibration wire to a ground and let it sit for 30 seconds or so. get back under the car and put the sensor back in the exhaust. connect calibration wire to ground again for 30 seconds. then start the car, connect calibration wire again. sit.
you have to do the above once every 3 months or some bs like that.

bought an aem uego. four wires. one power, one ground. the other two are for datalogging purposes. quick and painless and it works flawlessly. took me less than 30 min to pull my innovative bs out, and install the uego. for $188 shipped, you cant beat it. best part of all is that there is NO calibration required.

traded my innovative for tires seen above.

you can get the car registered without emissions if you tell them that it is non-operable. if you get a notice from a landlord or parking enforcement tellling you that you can't have an unregistered car parked on the street, you can get it through reg.

did not know that. well, ill have to remember that next time around :D

the local track opens up soon........... :ph34r:

need some 17s so i can mount those tires and break some stuff :D

Last edited:
17's on a civic = :(

So, are you and your dad planning on selling the car back and forth to each other to keep it out of emissions testing? :D

Oh, mine are 205/50r15s.
i wish i had got some 15's. but i just kinda found these and did it.
17's on a civic = :(

So, are you and your dad planning on selling the car back and forth to each other to keep it out of emissions testing? :D

yes, 17s on my car will be a fail for sure, but at least itll only be while im going down the strip haha.

i think thats the plan :ph34r: haha just kiddin, but seriously fuck emissions..

But thats the worst time to have them on it lol.
i know, but i do have a b16 trans. so honestly something to lengthen up the ratios (taller wheels/tires) might help me out.
weight wont be a problem, ive found a couple sets on ebay that are claiming 9 lbs a piece. which is probably lighter than my fat fives?
^ Werd. Id flip em in favor of a better size.
i might try and do this^
or just sell some shit and get cash to buy a couple of em.

Just buy slicks. Problem solved. Lengthening gears by adding wait is just wrong.

i know, but i do have a b16 trans. so honestly something to lengthen up the ratios (taller wheels/tires) might help me out.
weight wont be a problem, ive found a couple sets on ebay that are claiming 9 lbs a piece. which is probably lighter than my fat fives?

Honestly, Id buy a real nice set of light wheels in a good size (by "good" I mean a size that will fit the widest variety of tires) and then adjust for gear with side wall. If you try to adjust for gearing with the wheel, your shootin yourself in the foot.

Bigger wheels are heavier. Takes more power to roll em over. So, while your dialing your gear in, your throwin power away.

Adjusting your side wall wont add as much weight.

Bigger wheels are heavier. Takes more power to roll em over. So, while your dialing your gear in, your throwin power away.

Adjusting your side wall wont add as much weight.

well, if i can't borrow a set of 17s or something then I guess I'll just have to find another set.

Going to Honda today to pick up a new oem 99-00 si front bumper. The bumper repair on the crack didn't hold. So I'm probably going to just turn that into a track bumper or something. Cut the front out a little more neatly so that it looks clean. The new bumper I'm getting will retain all of the plastic grille pieces

Back