Matts96HB's EJ6 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yes sir i will be going to speedfactory for a dyno tune on methanol. then to seattle for a couple days to just hang out and relax!

well, im not 100% if the victor x for my ls can be mated to the b16. but if not, ill see what i can do with the local machine shops.

well, its going to bring it from ~9.0:1 static(where it's currently sitting at) to ~9.55 static according to this calculator:
Compression Calculator - Honda, Acura Tech Website, tutorials, tuning and HOW-TO's. Drag racing, street racing, road racing - C-speedracing.com

this is somewhat of a long term build though. im going to be driving the car on 400whp for quite some time im sure.

everyone is going to think im insane for saying this, but i think the year i get out of college im going to strip this sucker down again. go fully built lsvtec turbo, strip the interior out, take all the glass out, etc. and re paint it a midnight blue like i have always wanted.
I'm pretty sure its only the GSR head that won't work.

I don't think you're insane, do what you want. Your body must be damn straight still so minimal prep work...
:fosho3:

If theyre down to meet up, the drive from Seattle North is pretty nice.
We're going to the May 1st HT meet, so maybe see you guys there.

And yes, that drive is nice. I drove from Las Vegas to home last week and enjoyed it. :)

Last edited:
I thought if you were gonna run meth you need to run two walbro 255 pumps, 1600cc injectors and shit can your stock gas tank and use a plastic one.
nope. methanol injection i meant, sorry. i have a snow performance methanol injection kit on the car.
I don't think you're insane, do what you want. Your body must be damn straight still so minimal prep work...

We're going to the May 1st HT meet, so maybe see you guys there.

And yes, that drive is nice. I drove from Las Vegas to home last week and enjoyed it. :)

Minimal prep work indeed. i just made a few mistakes (happens when youre new to body work I suppose) that id like to make sure i get perfect when/if i do re do the paint.

itd be midnight blue and id probably trade my fat fives in favor of some meshes that'd get refinished in a bronze powdercoat with a black backing to the spokes. the roof, trunk, and hood would all be gloss black to add some contrast. mirrors black, mouldings black, sideskirts black, you get the idea.

Something like this?

74118d1225669909-2008-nice-midnight-blue-blue-champagne-koenigsegg-ccx-unidentified-6915_27.jpg

yeah thatd be cool.
im just excited to get this thing tuned on methanol. i might have them make me two seperate chips. so i can switch to the safer tune when i run out, and maybe just run the meth at the track.

I got a buddy that just recently got his SRT tuned for meth and E85. Runs em full time, with the boost refrenced meth injection or how ever that works. He never complained about havin the meth armed all the time.

I was takin some video of his car on the dyno, standin next to his side exit exhaust, and at first it smelled like patatoes, then the combination of alcohol and meth made me start cryin lol.

I got a buddy that just recently got his SRT tuned for meth and E85. Runs em full time, with the boost refrenced meth injection or how ever that works. He never complained about havin the meth armed all the time.

I was takin some video of his car on the dyno, standin next to his side exit exhaust, and at first it smelled like patatoes, then the combination of alcohol and meth made me start cryin lol.

Meth is a hell of a drug.

Something like this?
yeah, thats a really cool color. i will have to find the exact color i had planned out. i dont think it was on a factory car anywhere, i saw it down at kc auto paint. it was sick. changed into a little bit lighter blue in the light, but remained very dark in the shade.

yeah i have the boost referenced methanol injection. you can set it based on a little switch they send you that reads boost pressure. mine is set to come on at ~3 psi. my car doesnt get there till about 44-4500 rpms so i figure if im up that high anyway im probably gonna be getting into it a bit.
Meth is a hell of a drug.
lmao...

wait, I thought methonal was a alcohol as well??

E85 is great stuff! My tuner recomends E85 for mild to wild boosted builds. Its just about 105 octane and about $2.50 a gallon vs $6+ for 100 octane. The only down side is fuel consumption, It takes a lot more E85 to make 400WHP than it would with leaded gasoline.

wait, I thought methonal was a alcohol as well??

E85 is great stuff! My tuner recomends E85 for mild to wild boosted builds. Its just about 105 octane and about $2.50 a gallon vs $6+ for 100 octane. The only down side is fuel consumption, It takes a lot more E85 to make 400WHP than it would with leaded gasoline.

Ya, theyre both alcohols, but E85 alone isnt enough to burn your eyes.

Ya its bad ass, his SRT put down low to mid 400's on it.

Wow! That looks like that blue paint they put on aluminum intakes, shifters, ect.

Really sick!
Yeab i like that color. might be something to consider. itd be pretty unique, thats for sure haha.
you going to paint your rex still? thatd be a fun project to take on :D
nope. methanol injection i meant, sorry. i have a snow performance methanol injection kit on the car.

Ahh I see I see.

Would like to see what you make with the meth injection VS without.
well as the car sits it was tuned on the stock IM at 320whp and that is on some VERY conservative tuning. i have no doubt that itll go into the 370-380 range with just the victor x and some better tuning. then ill slap the methanol on and go balls to the wall with the tuning, hopefully break 400whp.
That "Break My Window" (BMW) Blue is nice. Like a Candy or some weird paint but I like it alot.
yeah it is kind of weird. im not sure i like how reflective it is, but it is different.
Ya, theyre both alcohols, but E85 alone isnt enough to burn your eyes.

Ya its bad ass, his SRT put down low to mid 400's on it.

im excited to see what the methanol injection is going to do for my car. im going to have my charge piping redone before then too. thinking maybe 3" all the way through if i have the room for it

damn thats crazy, 400whp is crazy for a dd. are you still running on a stock ls head?

are you making that power on 91 pump or race fuel?

itll be on 93 octane. but yes, pump gas 400whp. its going to need a decent tune to make it. but it already made 320 with some ignition issues and a stock IM.
im running my semi-built LS head as of now. the only thing it is missing is a good PnP. BC stg2 turbo cams, BC valvesprings n retainers, edelbrock victor x im and a gasket match pnp done by me because i was bored.

well i havent updated this with pics in what seems like years, but i have been making some progress. ive been working on my set of used OEM bumpers that i found for the car. i tried a set of aftermarket replacements, and i hated the fitment. weird gaps everywhere, bolt holes didnt line up right, etc. so i picked up a used OEM 99-00 si front bumper with hardware but no lip, and an oem rear bumper off of a 97 hatch at pull n save.

both needed some work. the front has a small crack in it along the bottom, a lip would cover it but im fixing it the right way.
heres some pics:
new grille and muffler
100_1596.jpg

underhood view, meth tank sittin there,, i think thats where im going to mount it now
100_1595.jpg

bumper progress
100_1583.jpg

100_1584.jpg

100_1585.jpg

100_1586.jpg

100_1587.jpg

100_1588.jpg

100_1589.jpg

100_1590.jpg

100_1592.jpg

100_1593.jpg

100_1594.jpg

theres no difference from 96-00.
the original bumper on the car got hit by a forklift when my dad was driving it lol
then the one that I put on after that was an aftermarket replacement and it really didnt fit right at all. the corners stuck out about 1/16" and it drove me insane. this bumper fits absolutely perfect :)

Back