Micro Touch One Razor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Briansol

Admins
Admin
VIP
Just saw this on tv...

https://www.onerazor.com/

I'm on my last blade on my mach 3 so i'm in the market. Seems like a decent deal considering you get 24 blades with it for about $35 shipped. I'd pay more for a whole sale size replacement razor pack anyway.

It's an as seen on tv BS website though.... not even a place to order JUST blades (for future replacements).

Any thoughts?

Just saw this on tv...

https://www.onerazor.com/

I'm on my last blade on my mach 3 so i'm in the market. Seems like a decent deal considering you get 24 blades with it for about $35 shipped. I'd pay more for a whole sale size replacement razor pack anyway.

It's an as seen on tv BS website though.... not even a place to order JUST blades (for future replacements).

Any thoughts?

Look up Badger and Brush.

I have a double edge razor, a Merkur. There's a whole big vintage market for DE razors, straight edges, shaving soap, badger hair brushes, etc.

They work well if you know how to shave. They also work well if you have a specific hair type or issue. I.e., I have curly hair on my neck that grows in, especially on my adams apple, so I'll get bad razor burn. There is no 'shaving with the grain' since it grows in all different directions. The single blade is not as rough as a Mach 67. I generally use a 2 blade throw away from Gillette now. The process becomes pretty quick if you learn how to use shaving soap and get a real lather with the soap and badger hair brush. Shaving with regular shaving cream sort of defeats the purpose.

X2 on the double edge. I have a 1950's Gillett double edge. Fantastic. Precise. Easy. Fast. Cheap. All a man can ask for. Blades from walgreens are like 10 for 7 bucks and last me at least 5 shaves. I've been recently using a straight edge when I have the time. If not I just jump back to the double edge. Nothing beats the comfort and ease for me.

Also been using a brush and shave soap. But I have to strop every time I shave with the straight razor. Takes a little while. Usual bleed for an hour or so.

Last edited:
I would love to get electrolysis on my neck up to my beard. I hate shaving my neck, so far shick hydro 3 works the best.
It would be nice to get this, but its tough to trust anything Rick Harris has his name on.

Ever since buying a no fog shower mirror... Shaving hasn't been the same.

Towards the end if my shower I rub the bar of soap directly into my stubble and add shaving cream, I can use the cheapest of cheap razors and get a good shave, only time I tend to blend is if I knick a pimple.

The key is changing out the razor every 5 shaves or so.

If I shave at the sink, I can use a $5, 3 or 4 blade throw away razor and still get small cuts all over.
In the shower I spend $5 for a 5 pack of cheap chit and have no problems.

For the neck I always shave up, if will feel like there's still stubble there but you can't see it. If I want to remove the stubble feel I need to shave up, reapply more shaving cream and shave up again. The 2nd time removes the stubble feel.

I've been wanting to switch to DE razor shaving. I've been researching Parkers and Merkurs and Edwin Jaggers. I'm tired of spending insane amount of money on mach 3 razor blades. I just havent decided on one yet. They all have pretty much excellent reviews.

Total which model Merkur do you use?

i stopped shaving completely. every other week, i trim with a cheap guarded trimmer.

That's what I use. I have pretty thick stubble (other than the beard I don't shave) and it gets through it no problem. Get a tube of Shave Butter from them. BY FAR the best shaving cream/foam/gel I have ever used. It'll make a disposible shave feel like a straight edge razor.

Oh, and I'll use my straight edge when I'm feeling ultra manly and have the time to take my time.

Last edited:
Im going with a Parker 22r with silver tip pure badger brush and proraso soap...let's see how that works out.

Shit I use a real old fusion and shave in the shower with barbasol.

I shave everyday, so basically its just a touch up. Razor is stupid dull, but I don't care.

I've been wanting to switch to DE razor shaving. I've been researching Parkers and Merkurs and Edwin Jaggers. I'm tired of spending insane amount of money on mach 3 razor blades. I just havent decided on one yet. They all have pretty much excellent reviews.

Total which model Merkur do you use?

You know, I'd have to check. Its probably been 5-8years since I did the research. Now I just use the thing and don't remember what specific model I bought. I looked at the razor itself and I was wrong, its a Gillette but I still don't know the model. Has 9 different settings for blade angle and is fairly hefty.

I bought it used off of one of the shaving forums, sterilized it and then web on my way. It was one of the models that they suggested for beginners and all around use.

You know, I'd have to check. Its probably been 5-8years since I did the research. Now I just use the thing and don't remember what specific model I bought. I looked at the razor itself and I was wrong, its a Gillette but I still don't know the model. Has 9 different settings for blade angle and is fairly hefty.

I bought it used off of one of the shaving forums, sterilized it and then web on my way. It was one of the models that they suggested for beginners and all around use.

I'll give it a whirl with this Parker. i bought a 105 blade variety pack. i shave 2-3 times a week. Which blades are you using? how long are you finding the blades to last?

Go on eBay and find an old Gillette fat boy or any old double edge. Just don't get one that's rusty. When you get it, boil it in water and a bit of vinegar. Good as new. If you feel the need, find some barbecide to dunk it in real quick. They really don't break. I don't know why everyone doesn't use one.

I'll give it a whirl with this Parker. i bought a 105 blade variety pack. i shave 2-3 times a week. Which blades are you using? how long are you finding the blades to last?

Blades are really dependent on how you treat them and on how course your hair is. Some guys soak their blades in an oil type mixture to keep them sharper. I just chuck them after a few uses. I can get about a week of use out of a blade if I'm shaving every day. I always just used the CVS generic blades and never ordered from an online vendor but that's probably the way to go.

Just order a bunch of blades up front when you buy the shaving soap. Buy extras because its the kind of inexpensive, lightweight stuff that the shipping costs nearly as much as the product from most vendors. At the time, Amazon wasn't giving free shipping or even offering some of the specialty products that were said to be the best on the forums.

I'm in 100% agreement here.

Like I said, my DE razor came from the forums or ebay. I searched specifically for what I wanted and waited for a deal. I wound up with the Gillette when everyone wanted too much for the Merkurs and new wasn't as good or was expensive.

Back