minitruck??

• Thread starter Thread starter INJEN78
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 100
  • Views Views 11K

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ive been looking at body drops and its something i do not want to do..
bags yes i want that soon..just need to find a kit that will work properly and not be dumb expensive

doing your own body drop is time consuming, and for some be a very large head ache. You have to be willing to fabricate alot.

pretty much. u will also need a pressure switch (i recommend a Square D) and a water trap (i recommend an SMC one). also, on mine i hooked up an on/off switch inside my cab to cut the compressor off and on when i wanted. ive got a diagram on that if you are interested. oh and get the SMC valves if you can. hint: you can use 1/2" Parker air line on 3/8" valves because the ID on the Parker is 3/8". umm if you want, i can make a complete list of what i got and you can go from there.

and is that everything you needed for parts??

I'm pretty much going to have to tell you exactly what we tell the engine swap n0oBs who come on here asking about what parts they need.

Go read...read, read, read, read everything you can for the next 6 months before you even touch that thing. Make sure you can list all the parts you will need from memory as well as the step by step list of things you need to do to install them...from memory...

Make sure you know exactly how and where all your airlines, and wires are going to run and how they are hooked up. Make sure you have a plan to design the system to be accessible, repairable, and reliable.

I have seen SOOOOOOO many hacked minitrucks it is disgusting. Most people weld a bunch of shit on to their truck, crooked, then toss airline and wiring at it. The truck lasts one season at best before it is parked out in a field or behind a garage to rot because it was all fucked up...

Please, you are talking about redesigning the suspension. There is so much to take into account. Bag placement, shock placement, 2,3, or 4 link, alignment, ride dynamics, fuel tank placement (bc you'll probably have to move it)...

Please, it is so much more involved than just hacking and welding. It makes building a Honda look and feel like playing with Legos.

I know you can do it. Just do it right ;)

BDN..if you could compile that list id be greatful..
and undr8d im asking about it now..i wont be bagging for awhile..so thats why im trying to figure it out..im completely noob to bags at this point..i know nothing except i need a compressor to push air through fittings,lines and into bags..thats about it..id say maybe a year before i bag

BDN..if you could compile that list id be greatful..

You totally missed the point. Compile your own list. It will be a valuable learning experience.

Try going to a mini truckin' forum and asking them to put a parts list together for you.

You would get laughed off the forum as fast as we do that to people who ask for an engine swap parts lists. Does this sound familiar:

"Aheya, What all parts will I all need to swap the engine out of my car. I woud like a compleat list with every nut and bolt listid."

Then we give them this:

:search:

With a curt response like this:

"What car? What engine? What the fuck is wrong with you. Use the search function.This has been answered a million times. There are articles about it littering every corner of the vast interwebs."

Cmon dude. Just do a little reading.

heres a list of everything i got on my truck for my suspension:

- 5 gallon 8-port tank
- Viar 480 compressor
- SMC water trap
- Square D 200 psi adjustable pressure switch
- 8 3/8" SMC valves
- 2 Airlift 2b6 2500lb air bags for the front
- 2 Airlift 2b7 2600lb air bags for the rear
- 50ft (100ft recommended) Parker 1/2" air line
- 50ft (100ft recommended) Parker 1/8" air line
- 2 KP Components dual needle gauges (for air bag pressure)
- 1 KP Components single needle gauge (for tank pressure)
- AVS 9-switch switch box
- 15ft of 9-wire (to wire up switch box)
- 8gauge wire with inline fuse (for compressor)
- other misc. wire
- misc. fittings (compression or PTC)
- beer

i THINK thats about it. thats what i have in my truck. when you go do your fittings, let me know because i can get you a good deal on them.

heres an old video of my truck of where u can see how i did things:

ive redone alot of things since that video and am redoing it again. im gonna hide everything under the bed. to kinda clean it up some so i can actually haul my crap to shows in the bed rather than craming it into the cab. any questions, lemme know!

How much lift does your bags have and where are they located around your c-notch? I've seen some bagged trucks that atleast get some decent height when filled.

Mine got pretty high in the back, and it flew the fuck up there. Front took forever and only went up a little over the wheels.

when aired all the way up, im about stock height. and aired down im about 12" lower if that says anything to ya...lol.

Did you notch your tie rod to clear the pitman arm. I had to do that. I also had to cut a section out of the engine crossmember. I really wish I had taken more detailed pictures.

Last edited:
Srsly? I had to do this kind of thing --------\___/------- to get the driver side tie rod to clear the pitman arm when it was laid out all the way. My front was hhhhhhammered. I also hand built the upper and lower bag mounts.

So then the Ibeam was resting on the engine crossmember and the tie rod was resting on the pitman arm? You should take a picture of that and post it. I really want to see this.

Back