MISFIRE!!!help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

LsB16CrxHF

My obd-2 Gsr is throwing a code for random misfire in cyl 2.I checked the plugs and wires...replaced them and its still thowing the code. what else should i check? Even be4 i replaced all that i could never feel a misfire although i did notice a change in the idle when the code popped up. Could it be my fuel system? Would a bottle of fuel injector cleaner solve that? The blinking light is really starting to annoy me and the last place i want to take my car is the stealership i mean dealer ship.

1999 integra gsr

if i delete the code with a scanner it wont pop up again until the car idles for lets say 3 minutes. I can delete the code and go drive like ten miles on the highway then come to a stop at a red light and bam...theres the code. So for some reason i guess its mis firing only at low rpms? I said i dont want to the dealer because its already been there once and this problem was supposedly fixed. Its back though and im hopeing someone here can help me solve it

check your fuel injectors,put a screw driver on the base ofthe injectors,then put your ear up 2 the screw driver,you shuold hear a constant ticking noise from them,or it could be your timing,or your cylinder position sensor could be screwe up,mine was 1ime and it back fired so hard the muffler exploded,and it didnt throw a code for that sensor.

Back