Modguru is the name

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i would say anyone with a 10 second street legal car is the man :D no matter where ya live

true.......that my goal right now......10 sec lsvcrx.....alot money

EL_TURBO_001.sized.jpg

What is this unfamiliar nestle product? Looks yummy

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Mar 1 2005, 02:11 PM
10 sec us muscle is not hard and can be realativley cheap
[post=467656]Quoted post[/post]​

Is that so....ok you tell me a 10 second setup for a muscle car and show me just how cheap it is....

I will give you an example....Take my 94 vette with 87k on the clock....Can prolly pick one of for 10-12k..so you get the start off with about about 250rwhp on an auto

A good Exhaust $1,000 installed
4800 Torque Converter $1200 Installed
Rebuilt Tranny $1200 installed
Atleast 3.73 gears $1000 Installed
Drag Radials $ 400 Mounted and Balanced

At this point We are over $4500 and about low 12's with no real power added

Now

A built 383/396 stroker(including new plugs wires injecters tuning)
$7000 installed

Or

Supercharger(including plugs, wires, injectors, tuning)
$7500

Stock Ported LT1 Heads w/ 1.6 RR's New springs ect..../Custom Cam
$4000 installed

I'm not seeing CHeap and 10 seconds in the same sentence.........

vette's are slow :p

american muscle = 1972 chevelle, beat to shit. $500.
350 from some dude down the street $100
500 shot of nawwws $500

:)

wathcing it fry as you run 10s for about a G, priceless :D

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Mar 1 2005, 08:52 PM
EL_TURBO_001.sized.jpg

What is this unfamiliar nestle product? Looks yummy
[post=467649]Quoted post[/post]​

You talkin about that sweet metal thingie.. Or actually about the KitKat can??

In milky and creamy dipped cookie's.. Chunk size

ok 502/502 2100
chassis belaire cost 500
exhaust 50 (bends and some pipe)
and im in the 11's

Then gears well they only cost 100-150 cheap as hell. Hell ill give you a set of 373's for free im throwing them out they will fit a 12 bolt rear end.

then a 150 shot $500 and your in the 10's
now try to do that witha fwd import it will cost alot more

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Mar 1 2005, 04:07 PM
ok 502/502 2100
chassis belaire cost 500
exhaust 50 (bends and some pipe)
and im in the 11's

Then gears well they only cost 100-150 cheap as hell. Hell ill give you a set of 373's for free im throwing them out they will fit a 12 bolt rear end.

then a 150 shot $500 and your in the 10's
now try to do that witha fwd import it will cost alot more
[post=467706]Quoted post[/post]​

It takes allot more then that to get into 10's man

I'm talking about an everyday driver that will last after you take it out to the track....not some car that CAN be built as a 1 time shot down the track before it explodes.....

502 engine? for $2100......where you buying that the black market...

try about $9k for a complete engine assembled ........502 motor

Even with 150 shot is not gonna get you into the tens, because you will break the rear end unless you already have a ford 9" or a dana 44 cryo treated.....A rear end cryo treated is a good $2k

Motive Gear 3.75 gears are about 400 dollars plus to get them installed and the spedo corrected....

And if the cars an auto there is no way you getting near tens without atleast a 3000 Torque Converter which run about $750 -1000 depending on the stall speed

Now i'm not saying it cheap to get a Import to get into 10's but it is certainly not cheap to do it to american muscle.....10;s is fast as fook....no matter what car your in....but when you start talking those numbers...shit has to work right ....and you have to have the right setup...you can; just stick a 502 with a 150 shot and expect to get 10's without everything else in the car to be upgraded

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 1 2005, 03:53 PM
vette's are slow :p

american muscle = 1972 chevelle, beat to shit. $500.
350 from some dude down the street $100
500 shot of nawwws $500

:)

wathcing it fry as you run 10s for about a G, priceless :D
[post=467687]Quoted post[/post]​

lol a stock 350 with 500 shot of nos.....i can just see now... a piston shooting out of the hood like a missle in flight....prolly end up in canada somewhere

well my uncle would be the maniger of the dealership and it dosn't hurt that the owner is a familt friend so i get and ok deal and that 502 is the fuel injected ramjet which is one of the more costly versions
as for a d44 i have a spare in my garage with 373 in it and it has never been broken and its had 44's on it which tend to snap and axel with greater ease than you would think and there is no need to get it cryo treated cause molly shafts can be had for 500 new adn cryo treating is cheap if you box the parts and send it in as for the 400 for gears thats installed i do all my own work.

the bottom line is its cheap and can be done for under 5g gears and axels are realitivley cheap up here due to the fact 50% of cars up here are 4*4 trucks and suvs

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Mar 1 2005, 05:04 PM

as for a d44 i have a spare in my garage with 373 in it and it has never been broken and its had 44's on it which tend to snap and axel with greater ease than you would think and there is no need to get it cryo treated cause molly shafts can be had for 500 new adn cryo treating is cheap if you box the parts and send it in as for the 400 for gears thats installed i do all my own work.

[post=467767]Quoted post[/post]​

400 dollars is just for the gears themselves....not installed

and ....you have a D44 with 3.73 gears just laying around..............you wanna sell it?

unlike you, we do our own work :D

installation = free :)

im up in canada man and i have a corp 10 bolt and 12 bolt set for sale for 200 can and the d44 is my spare for when i taco mine ( wheeling truck hit rocks and crak housings)
and i can buy gears (373 for next to nothing used) we all switch up to 410 and higher and even them geras are only 150-200 new and i got my d44 for 75 at the bone yard if you want to pay the shipping ill egt you one the cost is usally 75$ or less

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 1 2005, 05:07 PM
unlike you, we do our own work  :D

[post=467776]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah that worked out real well with your Del Sol........What was that a 3 year project.............. i'd like ot have my car back in a month thanks..working and running

Rear Diff 14 bolt full floater welded by Dean Folk. Disc Brakes Rear - 373 Gears
this axel is 250 canadian and folk is a really well know shop that does quality work

Originally posted by Blanco+Mar 1 2005, 05:26 PM-->
Originally posted by corvetteguy@Mar 1 2005, 05:17 PM
pissedoffsol
@Mar 1 2005, 05:07 PM
unlike you, we do our own work  :D

Yeah that worked out real well with your Del Sol........What was that a 3 year project.............. i'd like ot have my car back in a month thanks..working and running
[post=467784]Quoted post[/post]​

As opposed to paying out the ass for a car that you're still not happy with. :p
[post=467792]Quoted post[/post]​

I'd rather pay out ass then wait 2-3 years for a car that didn't end up working ...And besides Brian ended up dropping mad loot into that project....Which really sucks....Personaly, i would never have the time to work on a car myself, nor do i have the tools nor the patience......

And Its not that i am not happy with my car...but with HP...once you get it...you just wanna add more and more and more......but i'm done with HP mods though....my next two mods are 3200 torque converter and 3.54 gears and i will be happy....thats mid 11's for me..then i have to start putting a Cage in which i don't want to do..so there is really no need for engine work....

Originally posted by corvetteguy+Mar 1 2005, 05:17 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Mar 1 2005, 05:07 PM
unlike you, we do our own work :D

[post=467784]Quoted post[/post]​

i could have done what i did to the sol in less than 3 weeks too if my JOB was to work on it.

but, im a lazy fuck. lol

honeslty, i really only worked on it about 10 FULL days and a couple 2-3 hour stints here and there.

if i wanted to, i could have... but i chose not to. i didn't need to. i had other mods of transportation.

but damn, this topic got out of hand., :p

Back