Msd?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crxracing77

Well in my crx i have a dohc zc and i was wondering what componets i need to run msd in my car.
what the parts are and how much they run...
thanks

I have heard the MSD does not really give you any power unless your boosting under extreme #'s or have insane compression. OEM is the way to go.

I don't know man if i would just got with the opinion of one person i would atleast check it out more, not trying to say his opinion is not good but we all arn't experts some just like to think they are.

From what I have heard from numerous people fairly enlightened people might I add. MSD is mainly effective when you have a lot of mods. The only thing it really does is smooth out your gears and give you better throttle response. It may add a little power if you have quite a few mods done to the car.

Peace*

it widens the spark pattern. Its not like a domestic, where you throw on MSD and actually feel a difference. Honda ignition is good around 375hp and 10k rpms. You wont notice any difference right now. People assume its not any good b/c its from the factory. :)

It's nothing special on a domestic either unless you are running a blower

Originally posted by chevy302dz@Mar 7 2003, 11:39 AM
It's nothing special on a domestic either unless you are running a blower

We've had GREAT results running msd in our cars and the track cars. Noticeable power down low.

I have not seen them do much except smooth the idle out in fact one car and granted this was only a somewhat bulit 307 (sister's car) It actually caused a noticable drop in power compared to HEI w performance module. I've also used/seen them on 327's 350's a high compression 454 and a couple of smallblock fords and have never seen a real improvment. What were the engines that you were running these on and how were they set up and what MSD setup. Most of my experience with them has been the 6a box

We've got a 6a box, wires, billet dizzy and blaster ss coil on the vette. A 8-series box on the mach1. The vette, it smoothed out the idle and maybe picked a little at the top of 4th gear, it feels like it anyway. The mach1, you could tell a difference from the crane that was on it. We plan to goto full mallory this yr. :)

Originally posted by crxracing77@Feb 20 2003, 02:38 PM
Well in my crx i have a dohc zc and i was wondering what componets i need to run msd in my car.
what the parts are and how much they run...
thanks

Check this out, http:// www.ericksracing.com , runs 10s, all-motor, stock ignition... msd is a waste of money on honda engines!

Back