my B16 won't start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

LowBudgetRacer

man did my swap, everything is in its spot, keys in, it cranks but the motor won't start!!! changed coil inside distributor, changed rotors, module, everything except cap because caps looks good, and still no sparks.. what kan be wrong?!? kan it be the wiring harness.. this ever happens to anyone before??? please help.. thx

I'd say check your wiring, if you didn't get the right wire to the right injector that could be screwing you up. or if your plug wires are going to the wrong plug

those would be my best guesses
good luck

i checked the fuse already, fuse all look good, dunno bout the injector harness, but then the thing is we have no sparks coming from the distributor to the spark plugs wire...

make sure that the swap has spark plugs in it. Does it sound like that motor has compression in it? or does it just almost whistle like? and make sure that you let the fuel pump get the gas to the motor. turn the car to the on position without starting it (30 sec.) and let the fuel pump get some gas into the lines.
Darin

Also check the distributor, it doesn't hurt to redo it. Can't remeber the name of the part put theres something to turn in the right direction, clockwise or counter. A manual would also help.

no spark from wire, u know how when u pull one plug out from distributor, u leave it near there and crank, theres no sparks... thats what im trying to see.. kan injector wires mess with sparking?

ok im with lowbudget, the deal is theres power going inside the distrubuter but none coming out, can that be the distrubuter or the wire harness, we tried changing everything from distrubutor except cap, thanks fellas

ok you dont pull the wire from the cap you pull it off the plug and use and old plug with the end touching a ground and then check for a spark

motor starts and run, but the thing is now is that low rpm, car lags, huffing and puffing till it get to 3000rpm, after that, car pulls like krazy.. what could be the problem

what ecu are you using?
what obd distributor are you using?
what b16 motor is this on?
what car is this in?

it helps if you give us all the info.

and for christs sake, there is no FUCKING K in CAN. :emofo:

o2 sensors??

sounsd like the problem i am having right now

Back