My Christmas Car Build Thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the support
still waiting for my friend in michigan to send me that rebuilt t25 so I can start that way...

OKAY WTF:
So today a friend of mine bought a si with a 2.25" catback and started to chirp me out...
After work, we went from a dig in a secluded parkinglot with LOTS of room, so as to put an end to it. First gear, i'm ahead by a car length...and thats it. Once I put it in second, he was a car ahead of me and I was losing him. SI = ex i'm guesing in the states, the d16

Is it because I still have the lx/dx tranny? Would putting my new si tranny in make a world of difference? I didn't think it would have THAT drastic an effect...
Comments plz

lol i know it may depend on the gears, i was asking that so I know i'm correct lol
we were both into it, and I pull 141hp over his 127...which is why i'm wondering if the gearing had alot to do with it

Si gearing is shorter than dx gearing, given the same/similar variables the Si-trans-equipped car will accelerate faster.

Also, are you comparing sedan to hatchback?

my 4dr to his 2dr
I hope its the tranny...I feel like I just wasted all this cash...If I can't even beat a stupid si...

Have you looked up hp/weight differences also?

A lot of things can affect your off the line acceleration, down to tire weights.

This is also assuming driver skill is roughly equal.

I have brand new winter tires as does he. I haven't looked up the weights but as of more research I'm leaning heavily towards the tranny and even more so to install the new one!

And still waiting for my stupid friend with my rebuilt snail

Damn:eek::eek:. U beat me out. I had my D16 in the trunk of my Nissan sentra before. I never thought I would see one in the back seat. A lot has happened in my back seat before so I guess I shouldn't be surprised to see an engine in one. I finally added a nissan truck to my collection to make things easier. The B16 I just put in was brought to me in the back of a hatch back civic.

Last edited:
Sik budget swap bro seems like your christmas car is a luckey car lol all your problemz get fixd quick
Keep that up an you'll be good its a shame I just let go of my 98 sedan shell for cheap took the motor left suspension tranny everything else with no cancer lol

lucky lol i'm waiting for a miracle deal like this to come by
also I can't wait to do the tranny so I can smoke my friends si RAWR

you need a si tranny, and i know how it is hauling an engine in a car.. i had a full d16 engine/tranny in the back of my hatch along with a jdm b16 tranny...

YAY!!!!!
Today is the day I get to install the tranny, along with a short throw I got off eGay (I wanted black they sent me bright fucking neon blue lol) and FINALLY fix my rear control arms! Also, found a local(s) who might be able to chip my car finally, so I can start my street tuning quest. ALSO, I should have bought my turbo by today if my friend from Michigan will get off his WoW playing ass and send me the snail.

Overall yay in excitement! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back