My new 2010 Subaru WRX

• Thread starter Thread starter GSRCRXsi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 802
  • Views Views 105K

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VX3OLq2.jpg

Have you ever heard of OPSEC?

Actually, I believe you and I have established that you practice it very poorly.

Is that a special plate? I have to renew my Law Enforcement Memorial plate this year. Although I've been considering waiting for the Seahawks plate to come out.

In other news.

Pics lifted.
New plates :ritz:
GrimmSpeed plate relocation
MachV front plate delete

7UDb5Jz.jpg

SVg0Ob8.jpg

9u97ZBC.jpg

Also Need a front O2 sensor. Car is surging (like someone is lightly pressing the gas pedal) while cruising on the highway. I can see the AFRs fluctuate when it happens. Doesn't seen to happen at WOT or anything and the AFRs are fine there. Sensor is like 200 :/ sucks

good question. I assume you reinstalled it as recirculating and not atmospheric.

Either way, ebay or amazon sensor dude. If I can find a wideband sensor for 80 bucks i'm sure you can get an oem for cheap as well. worst case just hit me up and i'll if I can hook you up with shipping.

as a matter of fact, I think I may have a front sensor...hmmmm I'll check my pile when I get home.

we subarus call it a BPV (Bypass Valve). DV is so... VW. lol. but no, my BPV is not stock, its an aftermarket unit from TurboSmart. the thing is RTV'd to my intercooler lol. tried taking it off once, not happening easily, guess i should have thought that through more, but it doesnt leak. and ive had it installed for over 20k, just started happening last night.

anyway, its not a vac leak. when the car is surging, the manifold pressure is rock steady (i have a Defi boost gauge and ive tested this in cruise control) usually happens the most around 10inHg vaccuum.

tried going to advanced for a new sensor, they didnt have any in stock, and they wanted to charge me shipping (to the store) to have it by the 11th "maybe". yeah fuck that.

taco, verify that it will fit my car (plug and all). and that it is in working condition.

Rock Auto has OE replacements for about 170 + shipping.

mike, im gonna fucking slap you.

its not the bypass valve or the wastegate (which isnt even adjustable lol).

Taco, looks like a front sensor from a GD is not compatible with my car.

edit, found the correct sensor on rockauto, $100 shipped. done and done.

Last edited:
Back