My RS*R Exmag Review

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by h82w8@Aug 15 2005, 08:16 PM
DO NOT DEAL WITH DRIFTSPEED .COM

what e-mail address are they using? I still want my money back! they gave me some line of crap about it being on back order from the factory but sure took my money and quit communicating with me.

they THEY LITERALLY ROBBED ME

<_< PLEASE DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR BUSINESS
[post=540495]Quoted post[/post]​

What methods did you use to pay? Credit card companies sue these kinds of people and do enough damage to shut businesses down, also if you go to their website, you can find their e-mail address under "contact us"

You are not giving any details about your experience, and asking a silly question such as that certainly raises questions about your credibility. Please let us know more about what happened.

Card went through today. I was over on my limit because I got an alignment done the same day they ran the card, so needless to say, the fault was in my end. So they are shipping it today or tomorrow :)

I don't believe this.

I simply cannot believe they fucked my order up. I waited patiently since July 30th when my order was placed and processed until today, August 24th when my Exhaust finally showed up.

I have an email from July 30th stating that I purchased:

Item 1
Product ID: rsr-10-H121
Product Name: RS-R EXMAG Cat Back Exhaust System
Honda Civic 2 Dr EX 92-00
Product Price: $480.00
Quantity: 1

SubTotal:    $480.00
Shipping:    $0.00(Regular Shipping)
Handling:    $0.00
State Tax:  $0.00
Country Tax: $0.00
Grand Total: $480.00

and what shows up at my door? Can anyone guess it?

This: http://www.driftspeed.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=rsr-10-H120

Part # rsr-10-H120

Granted, the part numbers are similar... but for 1) that isn't even for my car, when I specifically put 2000 Honda Si in the order for them to read and be sure I got the right part. and 2) After having waited for 25 days on shipping, they should have been able to look over my order at least once a day.

Now, I had to have this shipped to my dads office, and the box was huge. I couldn't have just popped it in the dumpster, so it got torn up to fit in. Now I have the WRONG exhaust and no box to ship it BACK so they can get my order RIGHT.

Before I call them and raise hell about how fucking stupid they are, does anyone have the GTII catback? Is it loud as hell? I refuse to drive with a loud as fuck exhaust. It would annoy me more than everyone else.

Different part numbers, same exhaust for ALL 92-00 civic

don't worry about it, I had the same reaction when I got mine. They have like 4 P/N that point to the same exhaust.

Originally posted by La_Pieuvre@Aug 24 2005, 07:27 PM

don't worry about it, I had the same reaction when I got mine. They have like 4 P/N that point to the same exhaust.
[post=544827]Quoted post[/post]​

But it's not the same that Asmall showed in his pics. It IS the GTII exhaust, not the regular Exmag, this tip is fucking HUGE... at least 4" across.

It's all sitting here talking about the baffle shit, and I don't want horribly loud.

Originally posted by 2000Si+Aug 24 2005, 07:29 PM-->
La_Pieuvre
@Aug 24 2005, 07:27 PM

[post=544827]Quoted post[/post]​

But it's not the same that Asmall showed in his pics. It IS the GTII exhaust, not the regular Exmag, this tip is fucking HUGE... at least 4" across.

It's all sitting here talking about the baffle shit, and I don't want horribly loud.
[post=544829]Quoted post[/post]​

My bad, didn't see you got the GTII instead of the ExMag you had ordered.
Well, whenever you call them and get them to send a Calltag to pick up the GTII,
and you finally get the ExMag, don't worry about the box if it says 92-95 civic :p

true true. the 92-00 all have the same route and hanger points. I know that, when I went back through their site it said 92-00.

But yeah, I hope it doesn't take another 25 days for them to deliver me the correct exhaust, and I just emailed them about 10 minutes ago with part numbers and my complaint.

Originally posted by 2000Si@Aug 24 2005, 07:05 PM
I don't believe this.

I simply cannot believe they fucked my order up. I waited patiently since July 30th when my order was placed and processed until today, August 24th when my Exhaust finally showed up.

I have an email from July 30th stating that I purchased:

Item 1
Product ID: rsr-10-H121
Product Name: RS-R EXMAG Cat Back Exhaust System
Honda Civic 2 Dr EX 92-00
Product Price: $480.00
Quantity: 1

SubTotal:    $480.00
Shipping:    $0.00(Regular Shipping)
Handling:    $0.00
State Tax:   $0.00
Country Tax: $0.00
Grand Total: $480.00

and what shows up at my door? Can anyone guess it?

This: http://www.driftspeed.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=rsr-10-H120

Part # rsr-10-H120

Granted, the part numbers are similar... but for 1) that isn't even for my car, when I specifically put 2000 Honda Si in the order for them to read and be sure I got the right part. and 2) After having waited for 25 days on shipping, they should have been able to look over my order at least once a day.

Now, I had to have this shipped to my dads office, and the box was huge. I couldn't have just popped it in the dumpster, so it got torn up to fit in. Now I have the WRONG exhaust and no box to ship it BACK so they can get my order RIGHT.

Before I call them and raise hell about how fucking stupid they are, does anyone have the GTII catback? Is it loud as hell? I refuse to drive with a loud as fuck exhaust. It would annoy me more than everyone else.
[post=544815]Quoted post[/post]​

brian (pissedofsol) had the GT2 on his GSR hatch and he got kicked out of auto-x cause it was too loud. i never personally heard it on his car but he said it was louder than my full 3" no cat no muffler turbo back exhaust on my SRT.

if you dont want loud you REALLY dont want that exhaust. :lol:

That's what I thought. In addition to my email tonight, I'll be calling tomorrow afternoon.

:angry: Yeah fuck that shit!! It's bad enough that you had to wait that long to get it, then when you get it you find out it's the wrong damn exhaust! Raise hell about that shit!!! I've had that happen to me all too many times when it comes to parts for my car so I can totally relate. I honestly don't understand how companies like that can stay in business after pissing off customers, and you know this isnt the first time this has happened.

Middle finger in the air to lame ass companies that can't even fill an order correctly!!!

Maybe the rest of you guys should think about ordering this exhaust from a company OTHER than driftspeed.com. They sound like they REALLY don't know what the fuck they're doing.

I just happened to catch them at a badtime.

~RS*R put the GTII in the incorrect box.
~Driftspeeds UPS machine went out from July 25th-August 8th (or so).
~Talking on the phone with Derek from RS*R I found out that Driftspeed IS NOT an authorized RS*R dealer

That sucks really bad man. Im getting on the phone with them today as well.

I actually ordered mine on the 18th of August I think and they are barely shipping it today.

I've been on the phone with them almost everyday since I ordered as well.

The problem was that they supposedly had one left in stock, but it was for an integra.
They caught the mistake and realized they had none for me.

They'll work something out for you 2000si, don't settle for that coffe can they sent ya.

ask for some sort of reimbursement, like 20% off that purchase, or your next purchase. all you gota do is ask. When i had my short debacle with titan motorsports i asked for some compensation, they said they would deliver it 3day air at no charge.

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Sep 1 2005, 01:58 PM
ask for some sort of reimbursement, like 20% off that purchase, or your next purchase. all you gota do is ask. When i had my short debacle with titan motorsports i asked for some compensation, they said they would deliver it 3day air at no charge.
[post=548337]Quoted post[/post]​

Oh I will be. We're swamped so I don't have a chance to call during work, but I will be calling driftspeed back. I want to know how they expect me to ship this back. I'm not paying for it, and I need a box to do it in the first place.

I found out what happened. When you ordered it online for your coupe, while you knew what you wanted the computer didn't, meaning the part number it registered for the exmags was the gtII. So the IT guy fucked that up. Definately tell them that you don't want that piece of shit muffler and that you wont pay shipping at all.

well after about 3 weeks of having my exhaust on, i only have one gripe. it rattles. it really only rattles when im driving slow or stopped. I found where its coming from. The hanger mount on the rear section pipe, right wher eit goes over teh control arms. Thre are two hangers that come off teh car, and only one that comes off the exhaust. The two on the car are welded together, the second one is almost like an offshoot of the first one. The unused one faces downward, and the one that connects to the exhaust hooks down and arond and faces the rear. There is only about 1 mm of clearence between the base of teh exhaust hanger (where its welded TO the pipe) and the free hanger that isnt being moved. So almost any constant vibration causes the two to hit, making a rattling noise inside and outside the car. The problem is easily solved by using a cutting wheel and cutting the unecessary hanger. All i need to do is stop being lazy and find a wheel....

This is on a 96 coupe, does anyone else have this problem??

im not saying im unsatisfied, im WAY MORE than satisfied, its quiet, all you can hear is the motor itself during normal driving, and the intake at wot. its great.

Originally posted by driverunknown@Sep 2 2005, 01:17 AM
I found out what happened. When you ordered it online for your coupe, while you knew what you wanted the computer didn't, meaning the part number it registered for the exmags was the gtII. So the IT guy fucked that up. Definately tell them that you don't want that piece of shit muffler and that you wont pay shipping at all.
[post=548635]Quoted post[/post]​

Most definitely. The part numbers were only one number off, I guess it's easy to have the order for two weeks and only look at it once. I dunno.

I still need to call driftspeed back and let them know that RS*R said it was their problem.

Back