my sol is dead

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by micah@Dec 29 2002, 01:56 PM
well the car has been sitting at my dads because he was having some of his friends look at it and because one of the damn tires blew out :(
so at the moment im buying 2 new tires for the back then getting the bastard back here and as far as im concerned ill push start it for the rest of my life. hell starters weight too much anyway :p
a diagnostic run is prolly my best bet. getting a day off work is the only problem

Shit I can take it to Marshall Honda for you, I work like 3 days a week

when i turn the key it whines and acts like its wanting to turn but it doesnt every once in a while it will click, just wont ever fire

check your fuel pump. on honda engines one thing that seems to happen is that the valve on the inside of the fuel pump will get stuck sometimes. but u sound like you need a new one. get it checked out
later

ok, another question.
the starter for my motor is rated at 130 amps, but when mine was tested it was only pushing 120 amps. they said it was still good, but im just owndering if that 10 amps will keep it from starting. the nonvtec version is only rated at 120 amps.

also i failed to mention before but i just thought about it today, but when i first started pushing off my car every once in a while when i was driving the motor would make an awful screaching sound. friendof mine told me it sounded like the starter was trying to engage while the motor was running.

figured that might help diagnose the problem.

thnx guys

check the main relay beleive me mine did that oh yea and its locatedunder the dash on the driver side

Originally posted by micah@Jan 5 2003, 08:59 PM
ok, another question.
the starter for my motor is rated at 130 amps, but when mine was tested it was only pushing 120 amps. they said it was still good, but im just owndering if that 10 amps will keep it from starting. the nonvtec version is only rated at 120 amps.

also i failed to mention before but i just thought about it today, but when i first started pushing off my car every once in a while when i was driving the motor would make an awful screaching sound. friendof mine told me it sounded like the starter was trying to engage while the motor was running.

figured that might help diagnose the problem.

thnx guys

the screeching sound could be worn teeth on the starter. i had a screeching sound whenever i started my rex and it turned out to be worn teeth on the starter...luckily the flywheel was still ok. maybe thats the problem...worn starter teeth.

well they look fine to the eye, and like i said ive taken it to 2 dif places im sure tyhey woulda told me if teeth were bad...

how do i know if the relay is bad?

Take it out, and pull off the housing. Look very closely at the solder job on the circuit board. If it looks like they are cracked/broken, you have a main relay problem. However I don't believe this is your problem. A main relay problem doesn't let the fuel pump turn on, so even if you pushstarted your car, it wouldn't be able to start because there'd be no fuel.

yo man, i had the same problem with my crx right before i took it to the get a swap. the damn thing wouldn't start. luckily i only had to push the car a couple of blocks. but after we put in the the jdm b16a it still wouldn't start.
it turned out to be the fuel pump. well, it wasn't really the pump but the wiring that connect to the pump. so you might want to check that out if you didn't already man.

jdm90'crx

thnx again, still checking on things, im miss my car :(
yesterday i sat in it, truned the radio on, rolled down the windows, and pretended to be driving :(

mabey theres a member on these boards that lives by you that will let you barrow there starter just to check

-joseph

Originally posted by micah@Jan 12 2003, 01:11 AM
lol, no VTEC sols around here :(

two words--Marshall Honda.

Get a diagnostics test, mang.

Now, I don't know much at all about cars yet but I'm trying to learn. (I'm 16 and get my license next week) I bought a Del Sol last week and a few days later it wouldn't start. Same problems with whining and not turning over. We thought it was the battery or starter, though that was brand new. Everything else looked good, and after jumping the battery wouldn't hold a charge. Turned out being a $1.98 repair, the contacts on the battery ground wire were slightly rusted. $1.98 for steel wool at WalMart fixed that problem and the engine started right up.

man i fell sorry for u
my friends just dont know how lucky they are to have me
when ever they have car problem they just call me they dont have waste a penny and i aways have the hook up on parts
(i swap out blown mr2 motor for a friend free of course the hardest thing!! harder than expedition headgasket)

anyway u need to know the difference from a motor cranking /turning over/ or flywheel grinding
when u start a car it cranks first (if u hear the motor doing that but wont start u got a crank but no start condition)
if u hear a loud grinding when ur cranking (u ill hear speed of starter change from 300rpm to over 500 rpm whine like u miss-shift)u have a flywheel grind
if u can push start everytime its not fuel or ingniton or compression u have a problem with the cranking system

but if u so want to buy a start i got plenty
b serise $50
d serise $30

Back