mysql update

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Briansol

Admins
Admin
VIP
more of a log for me, but i switched out many myIsam tables over to innodb today to help improve multi-user performance.

The default installation uses these formats, but due to us being on old version of mysql at the time, it didn't work. Now that we are on a modern version of maria db (10.3) we are able to take advantage of the enhancements.

Also tweaked the my.cnf file to help control performance.

more of a log for me, but i switched out many myIsam tables over to innodb today to help improve multi-user performance.

The default installation uses these formats, but due to us being on old version of mysql at the time, it didn't work. Now that we are on a modern version of maria db (10.3) we are able to take advantage of the enhancements.

Also tweaked the my.cnf file to help control performance.
Man, I know the site is old, but i literally havent seen a myisam table in like 7 years....

I dont remember when exactly backups run, but I'd imagine that means we're done with the insane slow-down overnight.

Innodb didnt support full text search until the last version. We still have a few tables on myisam mostly session info as it locks the row.

Innodb didnt support full text search until the last version. We still have a few tables on myisam mostly session info as it locks the row.
You've seen my posts on facebook. I bitch about solr nearly weekly. And 5.6/10 had FULLTEXT support in innodb.

Back