Need advice B18c1 turbo setup?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BamaBoy22

96 civic ex 2dr coupe......dont like any of the turbo kits out on the market...probably going to peice it together. on stock internals, and daily driven i would like to be able to have 300-350 available. Im really concerned with which turbo, fuel management , igntiton, etc. basically which brand on the parts i would need for this setup can i go with to acheive an affordable yet efficent setup such as this one?

all gay. peakboost is trash from what i have seen and researched. full race is not for your average setup for 300 whp. you dont need robotic tigs welds on your manifold for it to hold up well.

i would go with a 50 or 57 trim turbo but if mone is not a problem and you want to be baller go with a ball bearing turbo. stock ignition is just fine. 255 walboro fuel pump with 550cc or little bigger injectors. cant go wrong with any tial parts for wastegate and bov.

the honda market is flooded with turbo parts and manifolds. there are no more ssauto manifold on ebay anymore so you could start there. you really want to buy the manifold and downpipe from one person that has fabbed both.

if you dont understand some of the words i used like bov, or wastegate you should start reading up on turbo kits more. if you cant find any parts like manifold and charge piping lmk i can find some for you.

I know a company called treadstone performance makes a kit for honda/acura. It has a turbonetics turbo and wastegate, but has "treadstone" manifold, piping, and intercooler. It comes with everything but your fuel/tuning setup. It looks pretty sweet for 1800 bucks, I just havn't heard any user reviews.

Thanx for the feedback guys....i have been doing quite a bit of research the past couple of weeks and im preety sure i have found what im looking for, but i would really appreciate some other opinions besides the one i got from the shop im taking it to. The shop works mainly with precision turbos..which i guess is basically garrett but a little better i forget why though.....(thoughts) So i was thinking either gt30r, or the gt35r (with like a .60 and .63 trim) from what ive seen on other guys cars with similar setups this seems to be the most popular(thoughts?). I think they were putting down aroug 3hundo if not more to the wheels. Also Im thinking about going with a custom exhaust from a good muffler place i know but considering the setup im not sure what size piping to go with. Im having the same issue with the intake piping, and fmic piping, etc... I say im concerned because honestly guys i wanna do this thing one time and be done with it you know......with this kinda setup if i dont do this right.......... kaboooommmmm ya know. So i guess what im trying to say is i want the power for sure but more importantly i want efficency.
Internal or external wastegate?
what size?
this is the setup me and my shop laid down let me know what you guys think power wise.

Jdm b18c1
gt30r,or gt35r
custom (stage 6) manifold
hondata s300
apexi avcr
aem fuel regulator
fuel pump (size?)
injectors (size?)
exhaust (custom)
intercooler (i want to go big here cuz living in flordia and considering its going to be daily driven i thought it might be a good idea.) (thoughts?)
they custom make all kinds of piping i just dunno what size would be sufficent for the application
hks bov
greddy turbo timer
act stage 2
ngk cold plugs and wires(how cold?)
____i think thats it but i feel like im forgetting something so please let me know what you think about this setup.
suspension
ground control coils
koni adjust.
eibach front/rear sways
front/ rear ties
skunk 2 camber (gonna have to wait and see what side if not both.) ANYBODY HAVE THE NITTO NEOGEN TIRES supposidly this tire supports negative camber by not letting the tire ware unevenly. But even so your suspension would still have incorrect camber so wouldnt your car handle improperly? correct me if i wrong.
Brakes
si stock rear conversion
slotted/dilled rotors all the way around
good pads
I got 12 grand hopefully i can get this all done at once and be done with it but somehting tells me that going to happen. they way i priced it out i should have enough money for parts, and labor and tunning. Thanx for the feed back guys.

By the way has anybody heard anything good or bad about stage 6 in jax florida. I mean they made 1000 horses out of a ford gt, so that gives me a lot of confidence in them. plus you can tell by talking to these guys that they are serious abotu what they do....i got mad respect for em.......but i think its the smart thing to do on my part to research every little detail concening this very big project.

never heard of them before. what kinda manifold is it? ramhorn, miniram, etc...?

tial 38mm wastegate would be fine
255 wal fuel pump
550 0r 650 injectors.
3in bar and plate fmic ebay would be fine for 300hp.

1000 hp out of a v8 is kinda the normal thing now adays shit they neend it to make the car move. i have respect for people making over 800 on a honda 4cyl on gas.

bring the car up here and i'll get everything done for ya for 10k

um.....not really sure about what you mean with the manifolds....i think you are reffering to the manifold shape? if thats the case i think they can pretty much do anything. Which brings up another question, which shape would best suite the application? I appreciate the additionaly info looks like im on point with my shop as far as parts...... almost anyway...... Bro thats a good price except i would end up spending close to another grand getting up there. You got an extra room. lol

Back