need help wit swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Egturbohatch

sup guys first of all i did wanted to go Ls-vtec Turbo but after reading about it, i changed my mind or maybe not fully sure yet but question is if i was to go gsr wat should i do, is it all plug and play????....

my car: 93 civic hatch CX wit a obd1 Ls motor swap in it but i want to go vtec den move on from there..so would i need to do major wiring???, could i use the same motor mount kit (tranny, driver side, and rear)?????....would it be a easy swap...the motor is all ready out....i have a P75 ecu which is for a non vtec i was running but i installed Hondata S300 on it so would the ecu i got open vtec???????........wat i need to change and dont need to change...please help me...........should i do same obd's swap or it doesnt matter...would da conversion be easy????...i kno im asking alot of questions but where else can i go the "DEALER"...lol.....j/k but any help would be appreciated...thanks

Google then type LS/VTEC conversion. MANY MANY options available for you. As far as the p75 goes, i think you will need a vtec ecu in order for vtec to activate. A hondata dealer or someone who is reputable should be able to desauder your s300 and resauder it into a vtec ecu. good luck

Google then type LS/VTEC conversion. MANY MANY options available for you. As far as the p75 goes, i think you will need a vtec ecu in order for vtec to activate. A hondata dealer or someone who is reputable should be able to desauder your s300 and resauder it into a vtec ecu. good luck

damn dat sukks how much da desauder ecu cost???...so i can basically reuse the s300???

btw i said i did wanted to go ls vtec turbo mildy/fully build but money aint rite so dream got crushed so i decided to go dohc vtec swap, a gsr or a type r if price is right (Bob Barker...lol..) and its going to be a b series not k or h.....but my main question is if i do a gsr swap wat would be my best bet....i just wanna kno if im goin to need to rewire anything, do i need a new wire harness or i can use my old 1s, could i use my mounts???or need new 1s.....

i have a obd1 Ls motor in my 93 hatchy cx and want to swap in a gsr and not sure if anything i have already would be useful.......or since i have a b series in my ride already would it be a plug and play, swap over some parts from the non vtec and use it on the vtec swap....i just need to kno wat i can use and wat i cant.........

sorry for the long story..

You will need to put in a couple wires for vtec and the IABs if you want to go with the GSR. Good news is you can reuse your mounts, harness, and everything else except for the ecu. Alot of parts with B series are interchangeable. Like i said....search the net everything and anything you need to know on B series is out there!

You will need to put in a couple wires for vtec and the IABs if you want to go with the GSR. Good news is you can reuse your mounts, harness, and everything else except for the ecu. Alot of parts with B series are interchangeable. Like i said....search the net everything and anything you need to know on B series is out there!

wtf is a IABs??????????????????

if i use a obd1, its a plug and play? but wat if i use a obd2 gsr wat i do den???....

thanks alot bro..............

just my .02 but I would think you could build a turbo kit for your ls motor for less than what it would cost to buy a gsr or type r motor.

just my .02 but I would think you could build a turbo kit for your ls motor for less than what it would cost to buy a gsr or type r motor.

actually the ls was turboed i was running a t3/t4 turbo on a 5-6lbs spring tuned on hondata s300 only pushing 184hp 166 tq.. but then few weeks after the tune i started to blow blue smoke so i took the motor out and plan on rebuilding it wit forge piston and rod, acl race bearings, polish crank, etc.... but not sure wat to do. rite now my car is sitting wit the half the motor(head) in the attic and block behind the car. so at first i wanted to fully built the Ls bottom end and go straight Ls turbo, and den i wanted vtec, so i thought of Ls-vtec but read some stuff i didnt like about LsV. maybe i should keep wit my plan on goin straight Ls turbo since i got most of the turbo stuff already plus i got the hondata on the p75 non vtec ecu...idk wat ever happens, happens. :cool:

I know of people on this forum that are pushing over 300 hp to the wheels on boosted ls engines. I would think that running what you have with a good rebuild and more boost and a retune would be a better use of the money than buying a new motor.

I know of people on this forum that are pushing over 300 hp to the wheels on boosted ls engines. I would think that running what you have with a good rebuild and more boost and a retune would be a better use of the money than buying a new motor.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:...for real i love ur advise...u just basically help me wit wat im been having problems wit, which is debating on which route i should go....but i think ur rite spending da doe on wat i have now will actually be better and will have more power in the long run den just buying a new motor...

dats all i need just a lil advise to begin da project....thanks bro :thumbsup:..like my son always say...." NUMBER 1"..lol....cute kid!

ok i ask earlier on this post and i kno its a noob question but i wont kno untill i ask, so wat the hell is IABs?????????????????

Fernpatch chekk out my dyno run on youtube, nothing special but dats wat i have before, hopefully wen its done i should have better parts and da numbers should be alot different..."eg6 ls turbo dyno tune"

Back