New Car-----Flammmeee onnnnnnnnnnnnn open house

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Pretty quick now? I'm interesting to see what happens that spectacular mileage.

i initially installed it and it didn't do anything...it was a very easy install.....played with the power adjustments and nothing...I was like wtf!

.I emailed the company and they got back to me indicating the directions were wrong. The Box needed to be on Program #2(ships set on Program #1)which is simply adding a jumper to the pins in the box so Program 2 is selected....yeap...that fixed it....

pulls a lot harder now.....i expect the MPG's will go down slightly at first but is ok mang....

Butt dyno FTW!

nah I'm not gonna dyno it....i can feel how much harder it pulls now....that's all i was looking for...according to the advertised numbers i went from

180HP to 241
280TQ to 378

i'm not trying to be argumentative, but the "feel" doesn't mean much. I remember those old Honda boxes that would just alter the throttle and ecu controls. Nothing really changed.

Now i'm not saying your car didn't change, i'm just saying I would have got the numbers for it.

don't they have apps now so you can use your smart phone to track 0-60, and other types of car performance stats?
be interested to see what sort of information a phone with an accelerometer can tell you.

i'm not trying to be argumentative, but the "feel" doesn't mean much. I remember those old Honda boxes that would just alter the throttle and ecu controls. Nothing really changed.

Now i'm not saying your car didn't change, i'm just saying I would have got the numbers for it.

no trust me, the performance is day and night Like i said i did the initial install and i noticed there was 0 change in performance. I spent two hours, playing with the settings and taking the car out for test drives yesterday which prompted me to email the company. They responded today with the solution which i did at lunch and there is a huge difference. I have had 3 chipped cars, 2004 Audi 1.8T, 2004 Audi A6 2.7TT, 2006 Jetta GLI 2.0T, the two Audi's i had dyno'd and posted the results here on the forums. They had very impressive gains which again i knew right away driving the car.

Trust me if i didn't feel much of a difference i would be sending this thing back as it has a 14 day trial. I also drove two 2014 328i Xdrives which have the same HP ratings but no where near the TQ. This car in now on par with the 328i, except way more TQier and way better MPG's.

However if you want to pay for the Dyno, i'll bring it to get a base line and after tune results :p

don't they have apps now so you can use your smart phone to track 0-60, and other types of car performance stats?
be interested to see what sort of information a phone with an accelerometer can tell you.

well i am sure you would need a custom OBD II cable but that's not a bad idea

Is this like the JBD?
they are all basically the same from what i read on the forums. My car is hard to get stuff for compared to the 335D. Burger tuning doesn't make anything for my car. they were the first people i emailed!

Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2014 12:45 PM
To: Scott Rivkin
Subject: Re: 2014 328D Xdrive

Sorry, we don't have anything yet for these vehicles. No ETA at this time.

Best,

Jon
BMS

--
www.burgertuning.com

Here are the results

IMG_0289.jpg

I used to have a car stereo that would tell you HP and Torque. It wasn't very accurate, but it looks like you're happy, so good job.

I used to have a car stereo that would tell you HP and Torque. It wasn't very accurate, but it looks like you're happy, so good job.
considering the companies claims of 238hp and 378tq max power.id say its a good estimate of what the car is making....nothing is exact

So since starting my new job with an actual commute I have seen some really nice MPG gains, which is expected considering I barely drove the thing. I should have reset the Average MPG but I forgot too. But I was dead even 35MPG and the range until empty indicator usually indicated 530 miles until empty. Now after two weeks of making the commute the range until empty is at 640 miles so I think I'm about averaging just over 42MPG in those two weeks. The overall MPG has increased to 35.5. I'm going to reset it the next time I get gas to get a better idea but I drove until about an 1/8 tank left and had driven around 570 miles and the range until empty read 70 miles until empty so I think it's pretty consistent with about 42MPG.

I'm really thinking of keeping this car for the long haul(which to me is like 7-8 years) as long as it doesn't make the news about Diesel Gate or I hit the lotto.

Then again you know me, I may end up with the 535D in two years or god knows whatever Vehicle. Telsa Model 3 perhaps?

Back