Traded in the Truck-New Car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i calculate my mpg to 3 decimal places and know my cost of ownership to the penny

if generalizations are good enough to convince yourself you made the right decision then so be it
i just like to have a little more backing to my information before expressing an opinion on the actual or expected savings

i don't really think its necessary to take a cheap shot at my skills just because my methods differ from yours.

i calculate my mpg to 3 decimal places and know my cost of ownership to the penny

if generalizations are good enough to convince yourself you made the right decision then so be it
i just like to have a little more backing to my information before expressing an opinion on the actual or expected savings

i don't really think its necessary to take a cheap shot at my skills just because my methods differ from yours.

my bad i didn't mean to make it sound like that....i guess it's just two different ways to look at it

It still amazes me that they (dealers) can get 50k for trucks these days. You'd think they'd sit on the lot for ever at the price and their crap mileage.

:lmao:

I love my Frontier... have to keep it because I still need a truck and 4 doors is good to have. But I do get 18.5mpg on the daily commute, running only 87 octane. I guess I should still mod for gas mileage as opposed to off road capability that I almost never use...

My silverado gets 15-16mpg in mixed driving. Not close to the 16/22 its rated on the sticker. Automakers have gotten really good at gaming the EPA cycle to get really high highway MPG ratings. I use http://www.fuelly.com/ for real world numbers.

owned?....seems to me i clearly stated im not worried about gas....at the moment....hence teh dun dun dun...meaning..."stay tuned kinda of thing".....

don't forget i also bought the truck because i was trying to start my own auto detailing business on the side, unfortunely it was just not working out...i did a total of 4 cars....did the business card thing leaving them all around, craigslist...wasn't getting any calls...the truck lost it's purpose....

Also, i'm not particually worried about the gas it'sself, it wasn't breaking me to drive my truck....it was more of looking at things differently...i don't need to be getting 9MPG's and just throwing that kind of money out the window..again i mine as well crank the A/C on during the whole summer and leave all the windows open and the heat during the winter with the windows open.....the point now is to save money for a house...

nor at the same time am i trying to become a tree hugging hippie....i don't mind not having a 50MPG car...if anyone knows me they know i like nice things...nothing new there...if i can have nice things and save money...that's a homerun to me.

Sometimes I would like to trade my truck in for a car to get better gas mileage, but I use my truck for work. Being that I don't want a payment for a while helps too.

99si My 06 rcsb 2wd Silverado v6 5spd gets 15-16 around town and 18-19 on the highway. My old 05 fully loaded 4wd Silverado high output 5.3 would get about 17-18 around town and into the low 20s on backroads and the highway.

99si My 06 rcsb 2wd Silverado v6 5spd gets 15-16 around town and 18-19 on the highway. My old 05 fully loaded 4wd Silverado high output 5.3 would get about 17-18 around town and into the low 20s on backroads and the highway.

Impressive. I have an ECSB 2WD with the cylinder deactivation 5.3. It sucks and I wish I had gotten a Ford.

just heard on a radio advertisment that ooh-bah-roo is claiming 36mpg with the awd 2.0 imprezza.
i'm sure the creature comforts don't compare to an audi though

It's a very very nice car. It's no G37 in regards to power, but i really like it. It does have a major downfall for me. There is no way to play streaming audio(no AUX port) through the radio. There is a USB port but only reads hard drives so you can play your Gaypod or Gayphone or your Android, but you can't stream Pandora or any other internet music app. There is an aftermarket AUX port i can have installed(not permanently) but it's $500 which requires a $280 infiniti module + installation.
I've been working at an Infiniti Dealership for a few weeks. We were actually playing with this today. The USB is not Android friendly. Couldn't stream or play music saved on my phone. Design flaw I guess. It doesn't matter on most our models as they have full bluetooth capability. But the G25 still does have some of the really cool features. Infiniti is nuts with all the stuff they stuff into these vehicles.

is your music saved on the SD card or otherwise?
i don't even know if android phones have much in the way of a harddrive.

I've been working at an Infiniti Dealership for a few weeks. We were actually playing with this today. The USB is not Android friendly. Couldn't stream or play music saved on my phone. Design flaw I guess. It doesn't matter on most our models as they have full bluetooth capability. But the G25 still does have some of the really cool features. Infiniti is nuts with all the stuff they stuff into these vehicles.

sales or mechanic? yeah definitely nice cars and the Fm transmitter thing is working out ok...not the best but good enough....still unreal about not having an AUX port., how did they miss this one. i can buy a kia and it will have an Aux port lol

Back