new dc4 build... first one documented

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

253563_3729612995653_2132439983_n.jpg

ok, now back to the honda stuff... i was motivated by my recent drag strip visit to try and get mo' power out of my car... and while doing some research...i came to find that i dont have to succumb to the vtec gods just yet!! i already have the b18b out of my last integra. it's complete, and already has arp head studs in it, and i also have in my possession a set or pr3 pistons.. (got in a trade a while back)..

so ive read that i can put the pr3's on my ls rods (i know, and add arp rod bolts) toss a fresh set of 'rings and bearings on it, along with a main stud bolt set (arp) get the crank knife edged and balanced, get the engine honed, get a set of crower cams (403's?) along with all the necessary valve train upgrades, (p&p head, valves, springs, retainers, and cam gears) and whammo!!! a decently potents engine!! right? so what ive never dealt with before is the undertaking of the engine management.... what to go with? whats the best bang for the buck? demon? neptune? hondata? chrome?
i dont want super heavy duty stuff here...just want for whoever is going to dyno tune this thing to be able to do just that, and i want reliability... i know it doesnt actually exist in the world of motorsports... but i would like something cheap and reliable... what do you guys recommend?
im not going to try and rev this new setup to 9k rpms, i would like to keep it as RELIABLE as possible...will i need bigger injectors? will i need a bigger fuel pump?

To mr dual 500... There!!! I painted the damn valve cover, and fixed the valve cover leak, and the distributor o-ring leak, and adjusted the valve lash, and replace the cam plug, and set the base timing... But most importantly, i painted the valve cover!!!! Because it would have continued to bother mr. 500!!!

Attachments

• image-1338808752.jpg
    image-1338808752.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 330
  • image-3637968079.jpg
    image-3637968079.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 337
:D^_^:cool:

Wow I just finished through all of the pages and let me say, this is true dedication and love.

right on man

:D^_^:cool:

Wow I just finished through all of the pages and let me say, this is true dedication and love.

right on man

Thanks dude! Its been alot of hard work, and i know i still have a long way to go, but i think its worth it...

No real updates to post, got my new piston rings in the mail, along with the lower main cap stud kit, waiting on the arp rod bolts, and b&m short shifter... Pics up when i get everything.. Still have a lot of shit to buy...

Had the tach for a while, and had been toying around with the notion of replacing the factory tach that had the PRND321 on the face with a manual version.. Then i found the tach... So i also had another automatic cluster there... Im going for it...

Attachments

• image-3832074506.jpg
    image-3832074506.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 324
Done! Its not perfect, but i like it. I just wish i could do something about the clear plastic cover...

Attachments

• image-2884759398.jpg
    image-2884759398.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 304
  • image-1871795439.jpg
    image-1871795439.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 318
Back