New Head

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cpdnoscivic

can anyone help me?
I was told I can put a single overhead cam v-tec head on my non v-tec motor. My motor is a civic lx d16y7. and do I need to change my ecu and any thing else? second question is if it works will I have to worry about any problems with the motor and is it worth it will I gain any horse power I have some work done to my motor so far.
thanks for your time

yes you can do it ... its called a "mini-me"
yes you need to change your ECU... use a P28
yes it will give you more power... no there is no way to tell you how much... every setup is/will be different

do a search ... this gets covered about 47 times a day... there is plenty of info on it around here

IMO its not really worth it .. i have one... id keep saving for a better swap if i was you

** and AEM cam gears are shitty... they slip easily

thanks for helping me out. what would be the best swap for me to do you think b16a or an ls swap or anything else? Do you know what tranny woud work for my car I want to change it to stick its a 96 civic lx auto.As of now my cars runs a 15 high 14 on a 55 shot and some bolt ons but I need more power if you can help thanks. do you know anyone who sells good motors? someone that wont rip me off I have heard alot of bad stories of people getting bad motors.
again thanks

i would deffinatly say get a B series .... what one is up to you (and your budget) B16A2, B18B1, B18C1
also i would suggest swapping to a manual tranny... that costs about $600 from what ive heard ... somone else will be able to help you more with this....

http://www.hmotorsonline.com is a great place to get engines from...

Back