new pics, check them out

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:werd: :werd: :werd: and :werd:

Consumer level cameras with manual controls are harder and harder to find. My old Olympus C-3000 and C-4000 weren't bad, but if you want a good quality one piece camera, you need to go after the Canon G9 or go DSLR. I'm fed up with the G9 I use at work. Too many menus.

As for photo programs, go with Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro. Photoshop is absolutely wonderful, Paint Shop Pro (or whatever it's called now) works great on a tighter budget.

I use photoshop but also have paint shop pro, I wanted to upgrade my paint shop pro but it turns out another company bought out jasc (sp?) and the new paint shop pro is more of a basic program then it was before.

with that being said, if you can get an old copy of paint shop pro, go for it, but do not buy the new one. get photoshop.

over all photoshop > > > > paint shop pro, but PSP really isn't a bad program (old ones)

Last edited:
i'm about to get the canon rebel. i like the way slr camera's take photo's alot. and i think they're easy to use. off topic but btw i just put eibach sportlines on my civvy ;)

DIY $50 paint job?

nah it'll be a couple hundred dollar one with cost of materials. i work at an auto body shop so it'll be done legitly but i get fat discounts. i'm thinking like a satin white.

i'm about to get the canon rebel. i like the way slr camera's take photo's alot. and i think they're easy to use. off topic but btw i just put eibach sportlines on my civvy ;)

I'd take more and more pictures using your point and shoot, once you out grow the point and shoot, move up to a SLR.

The camera doesn't shoot a good picture, the person planing the shot out does.

I use photoshop but also have paint shop pro, I wanted to upgrade my paint shop pro but it turns out another company bought out jasc (sp?) and the new paint shop pro is more of a basic program then it was before.

with that being said, if you can get an old copy of paint shop pro, go for it, but do not buy the new one. get photoshop.

over all photoshop > > > > paint shop pro, but PSP really isn't a bad program (old ones)

:werd:

I keep a copy of PSP7 on a memory stick to use wherever I need it. You can't do that with Photoshop. Corel (IBM) bought out Jasc a few years ago.

Before you go, google how to take photos of cars, there's a few nice write ups on taking good photos.

will do for sure. i found some really good buildings to take some at. i think pics with old buildings and shitty parking lots' look good.

will do for sure. i found some really good buildings to take some at. i think pics with old buildings and shitty parking lots' look good.

yup, as long as the background isn't too busy or you blur it.
busy backgrounds take away from the cars. if its a cool looking building, leave the car out of the shot and shoot the building. =)

Make the car stand out, not the background.

7.jpg

Good example of a busy background that doesn't over power the picture. if everything was in focus this picture would just be way to busy and you wouldn't know where to look.

Last edited:
i like that pic alot. and yeah i get what you're saying about the building taking away from the car. i like plain buildings, like warehouses.

Back