New project I picked up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

woohoo scored a free 8 inch rearend from a neighbor today

I have a spare 8" too. We should get together for some trading. I could set you up with a complete MII front end.

:lmao: If I didn't know what you were talking about I'd call you a queer. :thumbsup:

yeah i prolly should have worded that one better lol

I have a spare 8" too. We should get together for some trading. I could set you up with a complete MII front end.
I don't have much in the way of parts at the moment. I am slowly aquiring parts for the way i want to build this. I should have a bunch of goodies this weekend though swap meet sunday funday woohoo

Cleaned up the engine bay some and repainted the engine the correct color so it didn't look like total ass when i pop the hood.
b5d3b9d3.jpg

Believe it or not there are actually three different shades of ford blue. But yes this is the correct color for this year and the block and valve cover are the same color as the aircleaner.

I know it has been awhile since I have updated this but I haven't had much time to work on it lately. New job, new kid and such has preventing me from getting more accomplished than I had really wanted to. I spent most of my time last year working on dads car to get him out on the road with it finally. Here it is sans splash panels which are on now.
null-9.jpg

So fast forward to last weekend, went for a ride to the local cruise night and you could say it lit a fire under my ass. Sunday started figuring out my plan of attack, decided that my five lug and discs needed to go on. Well I wish that was all I needed to do, got in there and pretty much ended up having to removed and replace everything in the front end as it was all either rusted or just plain worn out. Picked up the front disc conversion, new upper and lower a arms, new sway bar endlinks, bar, and bushings, new shocks, all new poly bushings, and a set of late model bullit 17 inch wheels. Also going to do the shelby front end mod as well as lower it a bit. So now that I am waiting for most of these parts to show up I started taking everything apart to prep it so i goes together quick. On to the pics as it sits now.
null-7.jpg

null-6.jpg

Rusty and crusty parts removed

null-1.jpg

Passenger side empty
null-3.jpg

Driver side empty
null-4.jpg

Passenger side Por 15'd
null-5.jpg

That is as far as I have gotten as of tonight. Tomorrow Hopefully get the driver side all done and just because here are the rims I picked up.
null-8.jpg

And just because this is how I hope to have it sitting in a couple weeks or so, (Not my car but exactly how I want it to sit.)
66white2.jpg

66white2.jpg

What are you using for a donor for the five lug conversion

I feel like that white one rubs when it takes turns. Looks good, but that would be my concern.

That Is exactly what I was concerned with but after a whole bunch of research doing the shelby mod to the upper a arm location and then having it aligned to his specs that problem goes away. But we shall see, everything I am doing is more or less reverse-able easily so If it does rub and I can't correct it I can change it back.

Back