new project truck

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BodyDroppedNikes

...PENDEJO....
VIP
went and got a new project truck today. its an extended cab 1998 Ford Ranger XLT with 2xx,xxx miles on it. heres a link to pics of it:

the 98 pictures by BaggedSplash - Photobucket

this is gonna be a complete project truck and i plan on taking my time with it and do it right the first time. plans include to lay body on chrome 20s, flat black paint job, old school type interior and a sliding rag top as an example of things i wanna do it.

its a decent truck. the body is fairly straight. 1 rust spot on the gas door, a slight bulge of where something hit inside of the bed of the truck and pushed it out a little bit, bent front bumper and a bad motor. may just replace the motor instead of fixing it (the number 6 cylinder is shot). the interior is kinda dirty but its nothing that can be cleaned up pretty good. thats about it i guess.

OH!! in case you all were wondering how much i paid for it, i paid $100 for it! the guy wanted it gone and he gave me first dibs. so yup, $100 isnt bad for this new project truck's price!

well im gonna disassemble the truck and clean the frame and everything up real good. gonna get as much new hardware as possible (like new bed bolts since they use T-55 bolts and i wanna replace em with grade 8 hex heads) and new bushings (which i HATE doing). then i get cut the bitch up to lay body...lol. this is gonna be a fun project to do.

Flat black paint with white walls, 351 junkyard engine or even a ford flathead v8 with a manual 3 speed transmission with custom suicide style shifter, and make one hell of a rat rod out of it.

I wanted to do a c10 once with a old gm 3 speed in it. For the shift linkage I would set up two flat bars side by side all the way up. Have a hurst style shift knob cut in half and place both halfs on each one. one side shifted forward would be reverse, shift back would be 1st. the other bar would have 2nd and 3rd. The rest would just fall around with some road warrior style junker rat look.

nah its gonna body dropped on chrome 20s but will be flat black with white and red custom painted pinstriping. i got a dash out of a 1964 Ford Galaxie thats gonna go in it as well as some other interior stuff i got. this truck is gonna be clean as hell when done!

thanks B!

Back