New Si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

guitarjon

I just bought a new 2003 Civic Si last Thursday, and I'm wanting to get opinions on the car, and what to do with it. My first move is gonna be a new AEM intake, followed by a HKS catback. Any ideas?

I would look into a header, and maby some aftermarket dampers. That thing is damn nimble stock, im sure with a small tweak in the damper area would make it that much better. Or maby look into chips who knows what there able to do to the newer engines. Since i know nothing about the newer engines, im guessing theres a chance that an after market chip may actuly do something for it even though the engine will be basicly stock still. Most offten they dont though becuase thats tunning and tunning is engine specific, so no one chip is really ever good for every engine thats stamped with the same code..be it H22 or k20

The acceleration on the Si is sweet as hell. It takes no effort to get it up to 90, and the engine is very silent. I'm iffy about the chips, but I'd definetly put a header into it (4-2-1 prolly). But we'll see what my budget brings me.

yeah i only said a chip for yo uto look into to it, and only cause with the newer motors an of the shelf type chip may really do something, and chips are never in the 500+ doller range so i was just trying to shoot ideas. I would never recomend an off the shelf chip, but these new k series motors may be able to benafit from one i dunno, i was really just saying you should look in to it.

do a head swap from an RSX Type S and then get the Greddy Tuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrbbbbbbooooooo kit :thumbsup:

the clutches are crap in these cars. once u pay it off and start moddin it, put an aftermarket one in. my brothers is an 03-clutch is almost shot, this kid I know got a 04 si, and blew his clutch with in a month of having the car, and another kid I know has an 03 and his car grinds 3rd and 4th already. im not making this up, they are like the only people i know with si's, and all of them are killing clutches.

--dan--

Car payments are teh suxors. You can only do so many hard launches before the clutch gives out. Maybe they're not so good with a manual transmission. That's why some people just stick with automatics.

Well, I'll be taking mine in next monday, since my 3rd gear synchro is bad. To go along w/ that, some girl backed her car into my passenger side in the parking lot. She was on her cell, and didn't see that I was already pulled out of my spot. Bout $1k worth of damage, but basically, the right side panels are going to be replaced.

On a note for smaller things, I may look into an AEM intake just to start. I've looked into those Koni shocks and stuff on Neuspeed, and might invest on those as well.

Im pretty sure my brother knows how to drive stick, hes been doing it for 10 years every day. it defenitly isnt the driver when more than a couple people have the same problem. that sucks about girl backing into ur car, my brother got rear ended within a week of having the car, so he got that fixed, then my retard next door neighbor was spray painting in his back yard and it got overspray on his car. all of this was paid by the people who did it, but its still a pain to take ur car in and have it in the shop for a week. now his windshield is cracked all to hell. he dosent have too good of luck with this car.

Well, as far as the problem w/ the synchro, I haven't heard anybody else having the problem. I know I wanna replace the flywheel with an aluminum one eventually.

But yeah, I've had my car for a week now, and it's fucked up. I'll be pissed is somebody fucks it up anymore. Thank god for the warranty.

Back