new to me crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

^ true...well ive figured out the valve stem seal thing..pretty easy..i have been polishing up the inside where the valves go and its coming out very good..i need to get more bits for the dremel though :(

16ft lb and the others are 9ft lbs..
but im confused it says the bolts are 8 mm and the outside bolts are 6mm..
mine are 12 and 10

Last edited:
16ft lb and the others are 9ft lbs..
but im confused it says the bolts are 8 mm and the outside bolts are 6mm..
mine are 12 and 10
Yeah, same with me. Thats why I asked you because I read the same info.

Oh yeah. When your new valve seals come in it should come with 8 silver banded ones and 8 black banded ones. Silver for intake and black for exhaust.

Also don't really bother with taking the bottom retainers out (under the valve seal) because you might forget to put them back in before the valve seal. And it really sucks when you do.

word i read that you did that and i made sure to leave it on...but im thinking i took the right thing off..hopefully anyway

Yep, sure can. Just gotta be patient enough to wait for those 'dream' deals. lol

Hell so far all my mods (which arent really that many, but... They add up to...

1,340ish bucks... Which includes sound system, aesthetic stuff, and performance mods...

If I concentrated all that money into my engine, shit man I could be turbo'd or even better yet, halfway thru a SRT4 engine swap... WTF was I thinking? lol

Bah, for now it's a DD. I'm satisfied with where I'm at, since how that's the part where my car actually runs all the time.

But to make it easier to understand- Cold air intake plus the SRT exhaust rear section and resonator install plus wheels/tires and suspension, all together cost.... $610.00 + 60 to mount the new(er) tires that i got for 50 bucks.

Exhaust so far has only got me for 70 bucks, and the intake was also 70, wheels/first set of tires i got basically for 370, and the struts and springs I got for 50 also.

Last edited:
i could do a turbo kit for around 500..plus the $300 to dyno it..and the stock d16 turbos around here have aroind 180hp

im talking all motor, give or take a few 100

got all the old valve seals off.did more polishing on the head.intake.my valves are soaking in cleaner..and im still waiting for gaaskets..but i found my waterneck..put it on and now here we wait

got my gaskets.timing belt and aftermarket plug wires in today//put the valve seals on,cleaned the valves and put them in..now im working on figuring out how the hell to get the spring.retainer and keepers back onto the valves without aa spring compressor..

and damn am i fuckin aggrivated..ive gotten 3 damn springs and retainers on all day...it is taking forever to get them on..my thumbs are on fire..i cant seem to figure out the technique..
thanx freakazoid

Did you see the sockets I used on my thread? A 17mm and a 6mm.

100_3633.jpg

100_3634.jpg

i tried that.didnt work to well for me...
i pushed down on the 17 then while that was pushed down i pushed the 6..didnt work so i tried pushing at the sme time..still nothing

Ok...The 6mm socket should be actually flush with the 17mm (on the valve retainer). If you push down too much on the 6mm the keepers won't expand and pass by the valve its self.

Back