Newbie Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YangpaNemsay

Can you give me an example of illegal pieces of equipment that a person can have under their hood? I know some who got pulled over and the first thing the officer would say is "Pop the hood."

This is a question that is location specific,nitrous for example,you can't have it here,youcan have it just not hooked up there,it's ok over there in...you get the idea.Maybe the pig just wanted to see under his hood.Maybe if this was in cali he was lookin for the carb stickers(do they do that there?)

haha, i've heard of Fremont CA getting so bad that they have a mobile dyno and smog station that they will hook you up to!!! freakin insane

Originally posted by YangpaNemsay@Dec 27 2002, 02:24 PM
Can you give me an example of illegal pieces of equipment that a person can have under their hood? I know some who got pulled over and the first thing the officer would say is "Pop the hood."

It varies per state... your state's DOT web page should have the information. If not, call them and see if you can purchase a book of regulations, specifically targetting engine modification. The rules vary quite a bit.

Back